Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 09:29 AM

Default Re: The whole Clonie/cocaine thing

Well Im not sure what made you laugh, and im sorry you can't comprehend something just because the paragraphs arent set out. This quote from the article supports my assertion that its really only ever the poor that are persecuted in the war on drugs:
"Actually, the peak of marijuana use was as I said, in the seventies, but that was rich kids, so you don't throw them in jail. And then it got seriously criminalized, you know, you really throw people in jail for it, when it was poor people."
Old 05-16-2007, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ZOMG a consenting adult snorts coke!!! Seriously, who cares? From a scientific viewpoint a weekend coke user is doing no more harm to themselves than a casual drinker.

[/ QUOTE ]

This message brought to you by the 'Legalize EVERY DRUG NOW" foundation.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My argument was NOT that cocaine is GOOD for you. I plan never to snort coke due to the health implications. HOWEVER, I was emphasising how bad alcohol is for you (I hear its great for your liver), and there ARE articles and medical journals out there which go as far to say that hard drugs such as heroine and cocaine are less life threatning than excessive alcohol use. If you look at the statsitics at deaths from cocaine/heroine compared with deaths from alcohol (in proportion to users) you will be alarmed.

[/ QUOTE ]

A glass of wine a day is good for you. A line of blow a day is not. Fast food will kill more Americans then either coke or booze but do you really think we should compare Big Macs with blow?
Old 05-16-2007, 10:10 AM

Some card players get addicted to gambling.

Ergo, we should immediately ban poker and send all poker players to prison to protect them from themselves.

Sheesh.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:12 AM

Default I did cocaine with Clonie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although the Clonie I did the coke with was black, with orange hair and weighed 300lbs. She couldn't play poker for [censored].
Old 05-16-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My argument was NOT that cocaine is GOOD for you. I plan never to snort coke due to the health implications. HOWEVER, I was emphasising how bad alcohol is for you (I hear its great for your liver), and there ARE articles and medical journals out there which go as far to say that hard drugs such as heroine and cocaine are less life threatning than excessive alcohol use. If you look at the statsitics at deaths from cocaine/heroine compared with deaths from alcohol (in proportion to users) you will be alarmed.

[/ QUOTE ]

A glass of wine a day is good for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah of course it is...

"Daily glass of wine boosts breast cancer risk by 6% , according to a major global study which has been hailed as the final word on the role that alcohol and tobacco play in the disease. "

Link: http://education.guardian.co.uk/higher/research/story/0,9865,838962,00.html
Old 05-16-2007, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"so people should do exactly as theyre told evenn if they disagree with what theyre being told??"

If not doing so is highly illegal and the issue is not a deep moral issue like racial discrimination, then most people, including me, would say yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sklansky wishes he could do a few lines and a little bit more with Clonie, just like the rest of us.
Closed Thread