Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Shocking headline

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, and there's no way the US, long term, can withstand the Axis powers without Russia and Britain.

Are you starting to see the point about the 'Allies' being the winners, not just 'America'?

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again: I never said that. Please get it in your head.

Besides, who says the USA wouldnt have joined the Axis after they destroyed the rest of Europe? By that time both Germany and the US probably has atomic weapons, so that makes continuing hostilities pointless without destoying the planet.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The real benefit of the united states getting involved is seemingly missed by everyone. Since hitler was probably a better basketball player than military leader, russia would have eventually grinded through europe defeating germany and continuing on to the atlantic. There would be no opposing super power as a counter balance.

[/ QUOTE ]

You and the rest are forgetting one detail: Japan.

Without the USA's involvement Japan attacks Russia to help Germany. All the pro-Britain wins arguements are forgetting this. They were the dominate power of the Pacific nations involved in the war.

There is no way Britain nor USSR withstands the combined Axis powers(Italy and Romania too let's not forget) without the USA.

[/ QUOTE ]

yah but the germans made so many huge blunders in their war with russia. You might be right though. Who knows, Im tired of talking about this stuff.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:30 PM

For those who dont hate OOT there is a great thread about Hitler:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post11898742

A surprisingly good read.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For those who dont hate OOT there is a great thread about Hitler:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post11898742

A surprisingly good read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that was a great thread.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There is no way Britain nor USSR withstands the combined Axis powers(Italy and Romania too let's not forget) without the USA.

[/ QUOTE ]

And no way the USA defeats the Axis without the assistance of UK/Russia.

Team effort yo high-5.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, and there's no way the US, long term, can withstand the Axis powers without Russia and Britain.

Are you starting to see the point about the 'Allies' being the winners, not just 'America'?

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again: I never said that. Please get it in your head.

Besides, who says the USA wouldnt have joined the Axis after they destroyed the rest of Europe? By that time both Germany and the US probably has atomic weapons, so that makes continuing hostilities pointless without destoying the planet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its impossible to say if the US would have had Atomic weapons in time given the contribution of UK scientists to the effort - Fwiw the same goes to the Jet Engine and the intercontinental rockets were 100% German so if the US hadnt been involved then the Axis would have taken over the world.

Of course Britain would have had to be destroyed because we would have never given up and resisted to the last (similar to Russians, who would have also had to have been wiped out). All evidence indicates that after the Battle of Britain the Axis would have tried to negotiate a none aggression pact with the UK rather than try to invade because Germany understood its losses would have been massive.

Finally, whats with all the srs biz threads round here nowadays?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The USA was under no obligation to save you, yet we did. Youre welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]
I find these statements pretty disgusting. You're really personably responsible for freeing Europe aren't you? Not the thousands of your countrymen who fought or gave their life for something they believed in years before you were born, right? They totally did it so you could laud it over everyone 60 years down the line by making cheap statements on a message board anyway, I'm sure that's why they did it. Have some respect for christ sake.

Sorry but I get really touchy when people fail to realise what their forefathers fought for, or make retarded statements about it like it was all a [censored] baseball game.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just have to srsrly ask this one time, and I don't want to get into a political thing because the following is fact:

I find most french jokes funny, but do people actually not realize that the US owes it's independence to france?

[/ QUOTE ]

The same people who don't realize this don't know anything about the history of France. Especially the last 400 years or so.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and in the unreleased WWIII: hitler's revenge (warning: spoilers!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still waiting for Hitler on Ice. Damn you Mel Brooks!
Old 09-19-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's rich. It was America that kept you alive that long, and America that was needed to keep Hitler at bay. Britain was finished without American help.

[/ QUOTE ]

America on Britain's chances after the Batle of Britain -

'However, Roosevelt wanted a second opinion, and sent 'Wild Bill' Donovan on a brief visit to Britain which convinced Donovan that Britain would survive and should be supported in every possible way.'

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was also referring to all the raw materials, weapons, food, etc we were giving the UK before we got involved with actual fighting.