Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Do you tell ?

FFK,

How about this scenario.

You are out of town.

Bill bangs some girl.

He tells a mutual friend of mine and his who does not know you.

Mutual friend tells me. I know for 100% certain he is telling the truth.

Do you think I should tell you or should I let you carry on in blissful ignorance?
Old 08-14-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
friend's wife leaves him. ex is screwing buddy. a bunch of others knew (i did not, and if i did, i would have told him, a bunch knew cause 3 of them live with him) he doesnt' find out for a month.

he cannot trust any of those guys.

it was that everyone knew for a month or so, and not one of them told him.

[/ QUOTE ]

More detail needed.

1) Did ex- leave for buddy, or did it happen after breakup?

2) I assume buddy was aggressively hiding it from hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not really known. worst part is the guys live on the same block, so he gets to see her car there all the time. wee!
Old 08-14-2007, 05:35 PM

Not your place to say anything, especially if you didn't hear this from Jack directly.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've had numerous heart-to-hearts with friends about how I hate their significant other and think they're making a huge mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea how often you do this but you make it sound like you have done this quite a bit.

There's a difference between saying, "your S.O. is a jerk. Why are you with him?" vs. "Ummm, did you know that so-and-so is bragging to various people about banging your G.F.?"

The first one you are being judgemental about something that isn't as much your business in the first place unless there is a better reason for having the heart-to-heart beyond them just being rude. Some of those reasons would include the other guy sexing-up somebody else or slapping them around some or whatever.

But heart-to-hearts just because you kinda/sorta don't like the guy are dumb.

Good friend of mine started dating a girl older than him by 8 yrs or so and I still can't figure out what the hell he sees in her. Whatever. She's nice enough and he seems happy enough. Not my place to say, "Dude, you know you could do a ton better."
I have never said anything and, as far as he knows, I never had a problem with this girl.
There was no point in sitting him down to talk about it because it would just upset him and wouldn't accomplish anything good at all as you alluded to in your post.
Would be freaking rude of me to say anything since she wasn't really THAT bad.

Different situation:
My GF's best-friend likes me okay...way more than her ex whom this girl hated 100%.
But her best-friend still thinks my GF could do better than little old me and occasionally drops hints to that effect in casual conversation.
Really ticks my GF off. I just laugh about it because I can already tell she doesn't exactly think I'm Clark Gable.
GF wants to remain friends with this girl but doesn't think these occasional hints about how average I am are appropriate in the least.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course I would want to know. But if you lived in Atlanta and were close friends with me, Bill, and the ex-girlfriend, and I walked in on them coming out of a bathroom together at a bar, and you heard it second-hand that they banged from some other friends, I just don't think it's your business to get involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you would just prefer that your friends not tell you, and maybe some imaginary other person would let you know?
Old 08-14-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's not even so much that they were screwing. it was that everyone knew for a month or so, and not one of them told him.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the whole point. GG has information Mike does not have. This information will help Mike make better decisions. How exactly does GG rationalize withholding the information? Any friend that did that to me would no longer be my friend.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:40 PM

didn't read OP. don't tell.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FFK,

How about this scenario.

You are out of town.

Bill bangs some girl.

He tells a mutual friend of mine and his who does not know you.

Mutual friend tells me. I know for 100% certain he is telling the truth.

Do you think I should tell you or should I let you carry on in blissful ignorance?

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny that no one has answered this. It's a very key question. It is funny how some have a different answer than what they'd do for a bud.

b
Old 08-14-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike and Jill went up the hill each wit a buck and a quarta.

Jill came down wit two fiddy, they didnt go up for no water. OOOOOOHHHH! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

was thinking dice might come up
Old 08-15-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...bunch of people end up there including Jack and Jill....who chat at the bar for first time in a long time...Mike is visibly annoyed

Jack and Jill disappear, Mike goes to piss...out walk other Jack and Jill, they state they were just talking Mike is obviously pissed.....Jack leaves, Mikes refuses to discuss with Jill....

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like Mike already knows the score. I don't tell.

If Mike is one of my good friends I might ask him about what he is doing with Jill. If he really wants to be in a 'serious' relationship with her. Etc.