Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

So... Where does it go from here?
Old 10-16-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When is Sklansky going to get involved?

[/ QUOTE ]

David would still like to visit CR for their fine young ladies so he's gonna stay out of this
Old 10-16-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
from dan druff in that thread

[ QUOTE ]
Actually there was a very good reason for me to Jew up the staff there.

[/ QUOTE ]

and now I remember why I don't post on neverwin poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Shut up Christ Killer

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the Romans killed Christ. I heard that the Jews got them a good deal on the lumber, however.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I realize that this is speculative. I only raise this point to illustrate that it is very possible that AP has in fact been truly ignorant of the actual events. Of course, even if they have been ignorant up to this point, I'm sure, with the pressure they are now experiencing, that they will begin looking beyond their own trusted personnel for answers here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's very ignorant to say that AP was ignorant after their investigation. They obviously released the pr as a cover, and you sound like an AP shill by making your first post defending them.

I think more needs to be said about the KGC. They are policing themselves since they own AP, and it's easy to assume this was more than some rogue programmer. The most disturbing thing about this whole mess imo is the fact that the KGC is a fraud and they are supposedly overseeing hundreds of online gamming sites (including full tilt and stars).
Old 10-16-2007, 02:26 PM

Just got off the phone with the Commissioner of the KGC -- a few things from that call:

1) He was very nice, very patient, and really WANTED all the info that I could give him on this. I was fully expecting to be brushed off, but we talked for around 30 minutes, and he didn't just listen to me, but actually asked good questions -- e.g. the "right" questions -- that forum posters have been raising in this thread. It was clear that he was actually listening and trying to understand, not just appeasing me. I really appreciated it.

2) The KGC had been getting emails about the Absolute situation, but hadn't really reached a stage beyond requesting info from them...(in their defense, we've got 1,000 forum members using collective efforts to crack this thing wide open...not realistic to hope the KGC would be as on top of it as we are)

3) He said that he would like to be put in touch with Nat, who I explained was about a billion times better versed in the tech aspects than was I. I am going to PM Nat to hopefully get a dialog going with the KGC

4) Our convo made me retreat from the prior position that the KGC is nothing but a front...they're not exactly the NSA, but I think there's more going on there than a mere rubber-stamping process. How much more, I'm not sure.

5) I was encouraged that he was actually looking forward to learning more about the evidence. He wants to watch the POTRIPPER tourney replayed, and like I said earlier, he wants to talk to Nat and others who can really explain the IP/computer-related evidence.

6) He offered to make a post on these forums with the KGC's "official position" on this matter both during the investigation and when it's complete. I've got some confidence that it will be a more concrete statement than "we're looking into it, yada yada yada." He's a poker player himself, and either he's the world's greatest actor, or he was actually interested in getting to the bottom of this. He could easily have brushed me off, but I was impressed with his level of interest.

7) He corrected for me the misconception that the KGC "owns" Absolute Poker to any extent -- he told me that no such relationship exists. The servers are located there, but there is no ownership relationship (so he says).

That's all -- hopefully this is a step in the right direction.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.neverwinpoker.com/forums/...howtopic=44393

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there anything to the fact that ALL THE NAMES ARE IN UPPER-CASE? I don't know, seems like there is something with this, being that both the "superuser" accounts and the "friends" who received their dumping both had all letters in upper-case. This wasn't mentioned in the "JFK" theory by Dan Druff, so I wondered if anyone else thought of this?
Old 10-16-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
from dan druff in that thread

[ QUOTE ]
Actually there was a very good reason for me to Jew up the staff there.

[/ QUOTE ]

and now I remember why I don't post on neverwin poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Shut up Christ Killer

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the Romans killed Christ. I heard that the Jews got them a good deal on the lumber, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. Please ban these people for a long long time.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

7) He corrected for me the misconception that the KGC "owns" Absolute Poker to any extent -- he told me that no such relationship exists. The servers are located there, but there is no ownership relationship (so he says).

[/ QUOTE ]

We need a concrete answer for 7.) Nat claims that KGC does in fact own AP, or a large share of it. What is the definitive answer on this?
Old 10-16-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is there anything to the fact that ALL THE NAMES ARE IN UPPER-CASE?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 10-16-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.neverwinpoker.com/forums/...howtopic=44393

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there anything to the fact that ALL THE NAMES ARE IN UPPER-CASE? I don't know, seems like there is something with this, being that both the "superuser" accounts and the "friends" who received their dumping both had all letters in upper-case. This wasn't mentioned in the "JFK" theory by Dan Druff, so I wondered if anyone else thought of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think all usernames at Absolute are written in upper-case. So.. nothing there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread