Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2006, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Venetian Poker Questions

Tim Mix, our tournament director, has contacted AllVegas to show our tournament schedule. It is not listed on the site as of now.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:18 PM

As promised, I picked up the Tournament Schedule flyer from the room yesterday. I would recommend calling and speaking to Anthony or Tim, though, as the foot traffic for these tournaments tends to vary greatly. Their phone number is 702-414-POKR (7657).

All tournaments are NL HL.

Daytime:

Mon 11AM $60BI + $40RB
Tues 11AM $60 + $40
Wed 11AM $90 + $60
Thurs 11AM $90 + $60
Fri 2PM $540 No RB
Sat 12PM $540 No RB
Sun 11AM $60 + $40

Evening

Sun 7PM $180 + $100RB + $100AO
Mon 7PM $230 + $200RB
Tues 7PM $180 + $100RB
Wed 7PM $330 No RB
Thurs 7PM $330 NO RB

I want to reiterate that you need to call to confirm that any of these are still a go on the day of, as although published, sometimes they do not get off the ground or are very shorthanded.

Good luck!
Old 06-19-2006, 12:21 PM

Although I love AllVegasPoker.com dearly, it's tournament updates (for all properties) is very slow to update generally (and due to these infrequent updates, a lot of info with regard to tournaments is inaccurate). I would not depend on AVP for tournament info in general as of now. Hopefully the Venetian's tournament info will be up and accurate, though, due to the direct involvement of Lee, et al.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:36 PM

Hello Michael,
Thank you for all of your kind words. I'll be sure to pass this along to everyone mentioned. As for your constructive comments:
1. Players are 60/40 positive for the change to 3/6. Some of the 4/8 players made the jump to 6/12 and seem happy with that structure. It's more than likely that these limits will remain for the time being.
2. The bad beat jackpot drives me nuts too. The QueueOS programmer is coming out to fix this problem. Both the list and the bad beat notification are set for a certain amount of time. As we extend the list to 3 or 4 pages it becomes a real problem. It will be fixed, I promise.
3. I'll pass along your comments to Tim Mix, our tournament director, and I'll get back to you.
4. I know who you are speaking of, her name is Esther Rossi. She has been hired as a consultant and she has been working very hard to promote the room. She has at times jumped in to help run the list because we have been short staffed. I'll let her know your thoughts.
5. The open seat issue will be eliminated in two ways. First of all the staffing issues are finally taken care of and all positions will be filled by the end of next week. This will allow our supervisors to stay in their assigned area to monitor the seats. Secondly, we are expecting the arrival of an upgrade form QueueOS to allow the dealers to press a button at the table to notify the staff of an open seat, fill request, cocktails, etc.
6. We just had a meeting with all the Managers to address this issue. We've instructed the dealers on how we want the absent buttons maintained. We've told the supervisors the proper procedures for picking a player up. Also we are implementing the 3rd man walking rule.

Thanks againg for taking the time to point these things out. Please introduce yourself the next time your in.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:47 PM

I definately will, Lee. Thank you so much for replying in detail. I must say that this thread really goes to show why I like this room so much with regard to customer service.

I will seek you out the next time I am in, probably Wednesday night (spent all Weekend there, so I am taking a couple days off [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2006, 09:10 PM

Hey everyone,
I'll be going out of town until the 24th. Continue to post and I'll answer as soon as I get access to a computer. Thanks.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello Michael,
Thank you for all of your kind words. I'll be sure to pass this along to everyone mentioned. As for your constructive comments:
1. Players are 60/40 positive for the change to 3/6. Some of the 4/8 players made the jump to 6/12 and seem happy with that structure. It's more than likely that these limits will remain for the time being.
2. The bad beat jackpot drives me nuts too. The QueueOS programmer is coming out to fix this problem. Both the list and the bad beat notification are set for a certain amount of time. As we extend the list to 3 or 4 pages it becomes a real problem. It will be fixed, I promise.
3. I'll pass along your comments to Tim Mix, our tournament director, and I'll get back to you.
4. I know who you are speaking of, her name is Esther Rossi. She has been hired as a consultant and she has been working very hard to promote the room. She has at times jumped in to help run the list because we have been short staffed. I'll let her know your thoughts.
5. The open seat issue will be eliminated in two ways. First of all the staffing issues are finally taken care of and all positions will be filled by the end of next week. This will allow our supervisors to stay in their assigned area to monitor the seats. Secondly, we are expecting the arrival of an upgrade form QueueOS to allow the dealers to press a button at the table to notify the staff of an open seat, fill request, cocktails, etc.
6. We just had a meeting with all the Managers to address this issue. We've instructed the dealers on how we want the absent buttons maintained. We've told the supervisors the proper procedures for picking a player up. Also we are implementing the 3rd man walking rule.

Thanks againg for taking the time to point these things out. Please introduce yourself the next time your in.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, I'm very impressed...

I might be coming back to the room to play very soon if all of these positive steps are being taken to ensure

a)good games
b)good cust service
c)efficient running of the room
Old 06-21-2006, 07:30 AM

I stopped into the Bellagio tonight after playing at Venetian to see the new room and wandered to the high limit area where I saw Al Krux playing. I asked the floorman stationed outside the high limit area what game Al was playing, and without even looking up at me he muttered "no limit hold'em." I asked what stakes, and again without looking at me he angrily said "10-20" and then he walked away just leaving me there.

I stood there for a moment, just shocked at how [censored] rude the floorman was. I know I'm a young kid and I look like some little tourist who plays 2/4 and so the Bellagio doesn't need my business, but that's no reason for him to treat me that way. I woulden't expect to be treated that way at Starbucks, let alone a place like Bellagio. I was VERY tempted to buy chips and get on the list just to spite the floorman, but that would have required walking back to Venetian to get the money from my box; not worth it at 1am.

Anyway, my point is that I don't think that would EVER happen at Venetian. Every single person there, from the dealers to the floor to the cage to Tish (runs the front desk) has been nothing but nice to me. And it's not because I'm there almost every day, I've been treated well since day one. A lot of the staff remembers me by name, which is impressive after just two weeks. A+.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:19 PM

Lee,

One other thing I wanted to suggest. Venetian has been more then generous with their hourly comp dollars for players with regards to food, but I would really like to see us be able to use the comp dollars for cigarettes or in the gift shop as well (not the mall or anything, just the logo or apothecary shop would be nice. Has this been considered at all?

Thanks again for having this thread.

--Michael
Old 06-21-2006, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I stopped into the Bellagio tonight after playing at Venetian to see the new room and wandered to the high limit area where I saw Al Krux playing. I asked the floorman stationed outside the high limit area what game Al was playing, and without even looking up at me he muttered "no limit hold'em." I asked what stakes, and again without looking at me he angrily said "10-20" and then he walked away just leaving me there.

I stood there for a moment, just shocked at how [censored] rude the floorman was. I know I'm a young kid and I look like some little tourist who plays 2/4 and so the Bellagio doesn't need my business, but that's no reason for him to treat me that way. I woulden't expect to be treated that way at Starbucks, let alone a place like Bellagio. I was VERY tempted to buy chips and get on the list just to spite the floorman, but that would have required walking back to Venetian to get the money from my box; not worth it at 1am.

Anyway, my point is that I don't think that would EVER happen at Venetian. Every single person there, from the dealers to the floor to the cage to Tish (runs the front desk) has been nothing but nice to me. And it's not because I'm there almost every day, I've been treated well since day one. A lot of the staff remembers me by name, which is impressive after just two weeks. A+.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would probably be treated better at Starbucks.