Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: 19 percent of democrats think the world would be better off.....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People who think Cnn or MSNBC are as left as Fox News is right are either oblivious to the world or have no brain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who has made this claim?

[/ QUOTE ]

daaaaaaaaahawkz said "compared to msnbc and cnn they (fox news) are much more fair". I'm not sure what that meant exactly, but I took it as saying that CNN and MSNBC show more of a liberal bias than Fox News shows a conservative bias.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
.....if the USA lost the war in iraq. so my question is how can 19 percent of democrats (11 percent of the population overall) be so stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on the definition of "lost" but anything that would prevent the US from invading sovereign countries on trumped-up charges of terrorism and WMD, killing large numbers, alienating and radicalising many more, leaving the country in question in a state of anarchy and near civil war, and putting its development back a number of years would indeed be a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

go sell crazy somewhere else

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well argued. Well done.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People who think Cnn or MSNBC are as left as Fox News is right are either oblivious to the world or have no brain.

[/ QUOTE ]

people who cant distinguish between news commentary and pundits and the actual reporting of the news have no brain.....

yes, obv fox is much more right wing in regards to their pundits/commentaries, but the ACTUAL reporting of the news, the cold hard facts, is much more fair than the "news" reported by CNN, I really dont see how this is even up for debate. Do I think every news networks is biased when reporting the news...yes, obv, but to say that CNN is rightwing (lowdown) drops my jaw, and reveals how blind some people really are to reality because of their retarded biases, on the otherhand, only a 16 year old kid would ever come to that conclusion, and makes me happy that at least the children are getting involved nowadays.

But, back to the topic at hand, if you can not see how the democrats are depending and dare I say even hoping from the outset for a failure in iraq to up their political stature you need to open your eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly right. and the lunatics responding to you are all emotion, as usual... they are too busy screaming about god knows what to listen to anybody, let alone determine the difference between editorial programming and news reports.

i can just see the liberal nutbagz frothing over their keyboard just waiting to shout down anyone that disagrees with them...
Old 10-06-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But, back to the topic at hand, if you can not see how the democrats are depending and dare I say even hoping from the outset for a failure in iraq to up their political stature you need to open your eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably need to open my eyes. My memory is at the outset the democrats picked a defensive position. They would support the popular president and popular war to protect their traditional weakness "soft on defense". Most of the Ds in congress were hoping to support a quick war and then change the topic back to their perceived traditional strength of domestic issues.

When the war first became unpopular, congressional Democrats were terrified of the flip flop label, so they did nothing and hoped it would go away. Even today as they oppose the war, they hedge and position themselves just in case victory comes.

I would not accuse the Democrats in congress of thinking of the best interests of the USA, or of calculating beyond their own elections, but Iraq from the outset has terrified them. Today they are afraid they'll actually end the war and get blamed for whatever happens next.

As for the actual Democrats (not politicians), I recall them being perfectly happy with the war when the USA was "winning" and hating the war when the USA was "losing".
Old 10-06-2007, 08:47 PM

Calling people "lunatics", "liberal nutbagz" in the same post that you criticize others from being "all emotion", "screaming", and "frothing"?

Well, get used to it, pal, thanks to the web, liberals are arguing, debating, frothing, and fighting just like you knuckleheads and your stupid radio. And yeah, its a trade off between fighting nice and fair or beating Republicans all over the electoral map again. I like winning.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No, they're mostly quite liberal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if you avoid looking at facts that might be true.. But last I read, in the 2000 and 2004 elections, Bush got more favorable coverage on the 'liberal' news outlets than either liberal candidate. Seems rather counterintuitive to be a liberal media outlet and helping a conservative candidate. Oh well, when up is down and Fox is fair and balanced, anything can be true if you just say it!

[/ QUOTE ]
Rathergate

/argument
Old 10-06-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling people "lunatics", "liberal nutbagz" in the same post that you criticize others from being "all emotion", "screaming", and "frothing"?

Well, get used to it, pal, thanks to the web, liberals are arguing, debating, frothing, and fighting just like you knuckleheads and your stupid radio. And yeah, its a trade off between fighting nice and fair or kicking your ass all over the electoral map again. I like winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry. It's hard to miss you folks spitting up on yourselves out of anger all the time. Unfortunately, your side winning means everybody loses.

The fact of the matter is, people on the far Left are lunatics and traitors, the way I see it. Just as bad as any foreign enemy. I would love to see a revolution happen. One that brings us back to what we are supposed to be. And it will happen one day, most likely after I'm gone, unfortunately.

Now don't get me wrong. I hate the current Republicans in D.C. as much as the Leftists. To me they are all the same.

If a true small government conservative existed, that had the means to make a true run at winning, he/she would win in a land slide.

People like yourselves are nothing more than a slight annoyance. A lone flea, on one nut, of one Great Dane, on the planet of Fido.

Now get out of your basement, go out, and get yourself a latte or whatever floats your boat, sit back and gaze at the stars. It's a good night, and trust that the grown ups are looking out for you, regardless of your foolishness.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:20 PM

Default Re: 19 percent of democrats think the world would be better off..... *DELETED*

Post deleted by iron81
Old 10-06-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No, they're mostly quite liberal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if you avoid looking at facts that might be true.. But last I read, in the 2000 and 2004 elections, Bush got more favorable coverage on the 'liberal' news outlets than either liberal candidate. Seems rather counterintuitive to be a liberal media outlet and helping a conservative candidate. Oh well, when up is down and Fox is fair and balanced, anything can be true if you just say it!

[/ QUOTE ]
Rathergate

/argument

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, GREAT point. I forgot the 2004 election cycle only had one news story that ever aired. I'd like to do the stand up/slow clap thing here, but I'm not so good at typing that out.

Oh wait! Here it is:

[ QUOTE ]
...............clap............................... ................clap...........
...............clap................clap........... ....clap...........clap........
..clap........clap.....clap....clap...clap..clap.c lapclapclapclapclapclapclap

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-06-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First you call people "lunatics" and what was it "nutbagz"? and then say they are emotional. Now you say Liberals are full of anger, and then you say you HATE DC liberals AND republicans?

See, that seems to me to be a contradiction. But I have wasted enough time with you. The plain fact of the matter is I am so much better than you will ever be. I doubt there is anything you can do in this life to equalize our worth because you are so full of ignorance, but despite your foolishness, at least don't delude yourself to this fact, you are much the lesser man.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! OK, pal.

Contradiction? You say that as if those Republicans in Washington are conservative...

You're right, best friends we will probably not be... Damn.