Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Hot girl is going to apologize. My line?

[ QUOTE ]
So the entire night she never asked what you do (or are studying) and you think she's interested in you?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good sign. If she asked you what you do, she's only interested in how much money you make. It's basically the same as asking "can you afford me?"

[ QUOTE ]
"that's okay... i remember saying stupid stuff the
first time i got drunk, too."

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha... I love it

Everyone go read The Game, then realize that negging her is the only road to take here.

Tell her she's taking you out to dinner.

I wouldn't take the sexist comment route either, especially to a female lawyer. Chances are she's not fond of those types of jokes.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Ah, don't worry about it. You shouldn't think that just because I'm looking at you while you're talking to me, that I'm necessarily listening to or caring about what you're saying. It's just something I do to be polite."

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh!
Old 10-06-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone go read The Game, then realize that negging her is the only road to take here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hereby propose that anyone coming blindly into OOT and talking about this book as if it's a new and wonderous thing be swiftly dealt the ban-hammer.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:21 PM

accept the apology, tell her you dont take women's opinions seriously anyways, and it is no big deal, smirk and get a beer.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:34 PM

Apologies, let me go ahead and backtrack through OOT to make sure I don't repeat a topic previously discussed.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apologies, let me go ahead and backtrack through OOT to make sure I don't repeat a topic previously discussed. Repeatedly. With gigantic threads. And for months at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-07-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call her a stupid [censored]. She is.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the right play if you don't like pussay

[/ QUOTE ]

false. demeaning girls is a good line.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like neg hits just as much as the next girl [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] but srsly, saying that is really mean if she is trying to be nice and apologize.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Meh, this isn't that big a deal.
What's the play if she doesn't apologize at all? Tell her that you're waiting for an apology?

If she does apologize just tell her that you agree with her and that some doctors really do suck and it's unfortunate. Then she smiles that you agreed with her and didn't take what she had to say too seriously.

This girl sounds pretty uppity on her awesome lawyer-ness anyway which makes her pretty annoying.

GF is a nurse and generally despises a lot of doctors who have attitudes or god-complexes or whatever.
She tells her Dad this all the time....who happens to be a doctor and who she believes would probably be the worst of all to have worked with. He agrees that lots of doctors can be jerks. No biggie.

If someone ranted to me on what a bunch of degenerates most poker-players were I would not feel the need to stand up for myself. I would mostly agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that doctors are sometimes difficult to deal with especially from a nurse's perspective, but I DO NOT agree that doctors try to hide mistakes while lawyers embrace them. This is what bothered me about her comments. If someone ranted to you how poker players were all criminals (which obviously is not true), wouldn't you want to stand up for them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
I would probably say that she was really incorrect.

How does this relate to your situation though where you said absolutely nothing?
I, in fact, would actually say something. Whereas you didn't say a thing.

You could have stopped her right then and said, "well, I'm a doctor and I hope my ethics would be a tad better than that" and you could THEN give her a chance to apologize for speaking out-of-school there and not have her end up feeling worse because she went on and on.
I really wouldn't care about the friend kicking me under the table. I would at least politely mention something like, "Whoa..Hey...Careful there missy. I'm a doctor just so you know." No biggie.
Your silence and your idiot-friends kicking made a not-very-awkward situation much more awkward for everyone involved.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Geez. Everyone's going about this the wrong way. The fact that he didn't make an issue at the time means that he can't do something like insult lawyers now or it looks even worse. It makes it look like he was really upset by what she said but was holding it in because he was a pussy.

Obviously, the best line would have been to make a witty playful comeback as it happened, but since he didn't, he should just brush it off. Say something like "Oh it's OK, I knew you were drunk. I actually thought it was kinda funny". Then just move on from there as if it never happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the better playful way to brush it off imo would be to put it on the friend.
"Joe was kicking me under the table to keep my mouth shut because he thought I was super-offended or something. It didn't bother me at all but he was super-freaked that I was going to start and argument or something."

Something like that but I'm sure you guys can come up with something better.

He needs to find a way to deflect the awkwardness she probably has about having ranted on about crappy doctors TO a doctor.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:40 AM

you should obviously peacock by wearing like 10 watches then when she tries to apologise say "did you know the time in sweden is 7 o clock"