Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2006, 02:10 PM

Default Re: astroglide\'s three questions for david sklansky

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, it was stated in the original 5YO thread that these are psycho ravenous kids who are bent on attacking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they're still mods, I think they should have to behave with some kind of decorum.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously, it took me a good 30 sec. to realize you were talking about the second part of my post. Ok, thanks, I'll find the 5-year old thread and quit trying to dredge it up here. Hard to reply to a 5 year old thread though, and I want to play.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:39 PM

Default Re: astroglide\'s three questions for david sklansky

[ QUOTE ]
Ed,

Why do you have naked pictures of [censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why was this question never answered? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2006, 02:44 PM

Default not related to astroglide\'s three questions for david sklansky -

[ QUOTE ]
My biggest beef with this is that both Wacki in an earlier thread and [censored] in this one took some stance that what motivated Elaine was some sort of feminist bent, which is just a really stupid assumption.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Dids, this is true.
My beef with Wacki and Astro (I have no true beef with [censored]) is that they both shared information about me publicly that
1. they only knew because they were mods and
2. they didn't have a right to share.

Wacki outed Otis a long time ago as a poster who hit the "notify moderator" button a lot. If a non-mod had said that, I wouldn't have minded nearly as much as it coming from a moderator. Part of the point of the "notify moderator" button is to involve the mods without getting embroiled in the discussion. Posters should be able to notify the mods privately, without fear of repercussion from other posters.

Then, Astro outed me as Otis, which likewise, I would not have minded nearly as much if it had come from a non-mod. Astro used his powers as a mod to find out who I was and then revealed it to everyone. I won't say how, since it will just be censored again, but it involves a level of privacy most posters have on other forums, but not this one.

[ QUOTE ]

This is a pretty standard internet argument, somebody has a slightly disconnect with the culture of a forum, and takes great issue with something (the outing of Otis) that most other folks didn't feel was that out of line given the current standards in OOT. That person then spends the next two weeks railing against the system, basically because of internet-culture clash.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I agree. I've seen it and experienced it many times.

What I find is absolutely ridiculous is that some people think that since I'm in the minority on some arguments that I should simply give up.

The Hooters analogy: Maybe it would make sense if OOT was titled the "Stupid Jokes About Women" forum. But it's not. OOT is everything that doesn't fit into the other forums. The analogy simply doesn't work. And besides, even at Hooters you can't get away with jokes about "kicking her in the c-nt."

From the Hooter's website:
[ QUOTE ]

According to ever-increasing sales figures, the Hooters concept must be acceptable to a large majority of American consumers. ...

Hooters of America, Inc. has taken a pro-active lead in the industry addressing issues raised by individual acts of sexual harassment. Hooters of America, Inc., like all responsible corporations, deplores such acts and prohibits this behavior in the workplace. The company has a long-standing non-harassment policy forbidding unwelcome physical or verbal behavior, and specifically mentions sexual harassment. This policy includes a confidential reporting system for complaints, including a toll-free phone number. Since 1983, Hooters has employed over 200,000 Hooters Girls, and while even one incident is too many, this large number of employees, compared to the limited number of sexual harassment lawsuits filed, indicates this policy works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back to Dids,
[ QUOTE ]

You're simply not going to win any argument that starts with the premise that "astroglide is an ass"

[/ QUOTE ] You're right. And I regret calling him an ass. I was just so angry that he censored my post so that no one could know what he did. I'm sorry for calling him names.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:50 PM

Default Re: not related to astroglide\'s three questions for david sklansky -

This thread should be locked and half the posts deleted.

I've seen better arguments in a Party is Rigged thread in the Zoo than what we are getting here.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:54 PM

It's the internet and people are hiding behind anonymity. I sincerely doubt that 90% of the personal attacks in this thread would have been said in person.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why delete all the evidence? You don't think that Elaine will get involved in some other tiff months from now? This evidence of interactions should be preserved for posterity. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2006, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've seen better arguments in a Party is Rigged thread in the Zoo than what we are getting here.

[/ QUOTE ]

More like, everything in this thread related to the OP should stay here and everything else moved into a different thread (or just deleted, that would be fine too).
Old 01-12-2006, 03:06 PM

I was hoping this thread would die down and be able to return it self to its orignal glory. However its already been run a muck.

In any case, my 2 cents on the subject is simple. You know what you are getting into when you "walk into the door" of OOT If you can't take the heat stay the [censored] out of the kitchen. Ed has stated it’s the reason he does not come to OOT. [not that he can't stand the heat, just doesn't like to be in the kitchen persay]

OOT may be a pit, but you know that once you get here. It's your choice to stay or post here. If you are a woman who chooses to post in the "boys club" she must know she will get harassed and thus this is her choice and she’s getting, maybe not what she deserves but what is to be expected. If you are expecting anything LESS then you are clearly misguided regarding the forum. I relate this to the people/groups who say Stern O+A, Bubba etc are derogatory to women, of course they are if it bothers you turn it off.

The other point made regarding the work place is valid. None of us (I imagine) goes around telling women to show there [censored] or telling other coworkers that they should shove it up there ass. However this isn't the work place or "real life" for that matter, the anonymity the board provides is a wonderfully dangerous thing.

Right or wrong,for better or worse this forum is what it is (Sex, Drugs, and Stupidy) and mainly a male audience. Its anyone's (male or female) choice to read, post and reply knowing full well what goes on in here.

The only way to change this is to split or overhaul the OOT forum it self.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why delete all the evidence? You don't think that Elaine will get involved in some other tiff months from now? This evidence of interactions should be preserved for posterity. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Evidence? This is not stuff that needs to be preserved for a future trial. Like durron said, if you want to keep this stuff then put it in another thread. The reason for deleting the posts are two fold. 1) They clog up a good thread for no reason and take away what it had to offer. 2) Deleting the posts will demonstrate how retarded and worthless the posts made by these people were. Hopefully they will grow up a bit and not have retarded pissing contests over nothing.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Evidence? This is not stuff that needs to be preserved for a future trial. Like durron said, if you want to keep this stuff then put it in another thread. The reason for deleting the posts are two fold. 1) They clog up a good thread for no reason and take away what it had to offer. 2) Deleting the posts will demonstrate how retarded and worthless the posts made by these people were. Hopefully they will grow up a bit and not have retarded pissing contests over nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't let the word evidence put you off. No trial, just when they go off the handle next time, we can link here and nod knowingly to ourselves.

Why bother archiving anything in OOT? We could easily delete 90% of the old threads as being worthless (many are outdated). Just let the thread fade into history.