Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who wins the 2006 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year Award?
Billy Donovan 1 1.67%
Vince Young 2 3.33%
Italy's WC Team 1 1.67%
Bill Cowher 0 0%
Roger Federer 11 18.33%
Dwayne Wade 5 8.33%
Tony La Russa 1 1.67%
Paul Tagliabue 2 3.33%
George Mason men's bb team 4 6.67%
Tiger Woods 28 46.67%
"Game of Shadows" writers 3 5.00%
Other 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Any Full Tilt regulars on here? NL 200 and NL 100

Hey if anyone wants to sell their databases from 100-200NL PM me.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:48 PM

Not all 2+2ers play the same style. Plenty of nitty mcnits around here too.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Narena solid? Hrm...

Full Tilt Poker
$1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
8 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $206.40
Hero (UTG+1): $240
MP1: $211.65
MP2: $203.10
CO: $21.75
BTN: $192.60
SB: $83.35
Narena: $236

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> T 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($3, 8 players)
UTG folds, Hero folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $6</font>, SB folds, Narena calls $4

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 4 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($13, 2 players)
Narena checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $8</font>, Narena calls $8

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 4 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($29, 2 players)
Narena checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $18</font>, Narena calls $18

<font color="black">River:</font> 4 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($65, 2 players)
<font color="red">Narena bets $26</font>, BTN calls $26

<font color="black">Results:</font>
BTN had J 8 (two pair, Jacks and Eights) and won $114
Narena had Q Q (a pair of Queens)
Final Pot: $114.00 ($3.00 rake)

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

I'll mix my play up.

Here, I'm pretty sure you're raising without a strong hand, and more often than not I'll take bets from you on flop and turn. Also if your mediocre hand has a piece of the board, I can take another bet off you on the river too. It didn't work out this time, but 12 tabling, and playing 125,000 hands a month, I'm only interested in what is +EV long-term.

Good luck at the tables, but be careful when you're sitting with me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-Narena
Old 05-01-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm considering moving over to FT to try for this $600 100% bonus. Can any of the regulars over there, or people who've done it, tell me how realistic it would be to clear at 25NL and how long it would take on 4-8 tables, 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. The bonus grid on bonuswhores.com reckons 1-2 months. Also, how easy would it be to auto-pilot as a rock to break even and would that affect my bonus/rakeback? (My understanding of MGR is that it wouldn't).

All this talk of riggedness is making me slightly uneasy about the move. Why would the likes of Townsend, Ivey etc. be playing on there if it was fixed? Also what are your opinions on the Kennedy assassination, Moon landing, and the Bilderberg group? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just cleared $60 of a $150 bonus in about 2,500 hands at $50NL. It is slow going clearing bonus on Full Tilt.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am going to analyze the stats I have from the 30K hands there where I was ai and ahead later this week (about 250 of them). I'm curious if it just seems like they suck out more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't waste your time, as your sample is WAY too small. I would be astonished if something fishy was going on, but only an analysis of hundreds of thousands of hands will allow you to 'confirm' anything.

As I say, I don't believe it, but even a sceptic like me has to admit that there do seem to be more suckouts at FT.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys all seem to be unaware of the obvious reason why you "think" there are more suckouts on Full Tilt. First of all, there may not be more suckouts, it may just be your perception. However, perhaps it is true that there are more suckouts than on other sites. That is absolutely normal if you assume that there are worse players playing at Full Tilt than the other sites.

For example, I played exclusively on Absolute (with rakeback) from around October, 2006 to April, 2007. I just took all my money off recently and will not go back because the games at Absolute, at least for me, are just too tough to beat. There are very few really bad players. You just don't see people stacking off like morons with weak hands (TPGK, etc.).

Recently, I put money on Full Tilt and have been playing there for a week or so and OMG OMG OMG - it's like I just rediscovered poker. People stacking off left and right with crappy hands. I almost can't believe it when I see it. It has completely renewed my faith in online poker and in my own game. In just one week at Full Tilt, I realize that I have been depressingly grinding out break-even stats at Absolute playing against a lot of good tough players (even at low stakes), when I could have been living it up at Full Tilt playing against donkeys.

Now I'm not saying that everyone at Full Tilt sucks. Its just that I can say (based on my small sample size) that there are a lot more donkeys playing there than at Absolute. Which makes sense given the high profile of Full Tilt - commercials all over TV - it's probably one of the more well known sites.

Anyway, more donkeys = more people putting their money in bad = more people sucking out. It's just simple math.

Trust me, getting sucked out on for stacks is a good thing. Go to absolute. You'll have to wait a couple of weeks before you are lucky enough to stack some moron with a weak holding.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Narena solid? Hrm...

Full Tilt Poker
$1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
8 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $206.40
Hero (UTG+1): $240
MP1: $211.65
MP2: $203.10
CO: $21.75
BTN: $192.60
SB: $83.35
Narena: $236

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> T 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($3, 8 players)
UTG folds, Hero folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $6</font>, SB folds, Narena calls $4

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 4 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($13, 2 players)
Narena checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $8</font>, Narena calls $8

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 4 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($29, 2 players)
Narena checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $18</font>, Narena calls $18

<font color="black">River:</font> 4 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($65, 2 players)
<font color="red">Narena bets $26</font>, BTN calls $26

<font color="black">Results:</font>
BTN had J 8 (two pair, Jacks and Eights) and won $114
Narena had Q Q (a pair of Queens)
Final Pot: $114.00 ($3.00 rake)

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

I'll mix my play up.

Here, I'm pretty sure you're raising without a strong hand, and more often than not I'll take bets from you on flop and turn. Also if your mediocre hand has a piece of the board, I can take another bet off you on the river too. It didn't work out this time, but 12 tabling, and playing 125,000 hands a month, I'm only interested in what is +EV long-term.

Good luck at the tables, but be careful when you're sitting with me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-Narena

[/ QUOTE ]

Narena speaks... If I reach my $4500k goal early this month I'll join you at NL200.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:28 PM

I've played on tables with Narena a lot this past month. Good player.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$4500k

[/ QUOTE ]

that is a lot of money to make at nl100
Old 05-01-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Many of my friends that play for a living laugh at me because I immediately assume someone flopped a set or has higher overs if they call my preflop bet and potted postflop cbet ("no way they're floating!" I always proclaim). Well, Narena has always had either and it kinda pisses me off. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I only logged 11k hands at NL200 last month. I'm hoping to double that for May and move up full time soon after.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Many of my friends that play for a living laugh at me because I immediately assume someone flopped a set or has higher overs if they call my preflop bet and potted postflop cbet ("no way they're floating!" I always proclaim). Well, Narena has always had either and it kinda pisses me off. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I only logged 11k hands at NL200 last month. I'm hoping to double that for May and move up full time soon after.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tell you what- give me your player name, and next time I hit a set against you, I'll fold. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

All the best,
Narena.