View Poll Results: best drama
Grey's Anatomy 1 9.09%
House 1 9.09%
The Sopranos 2 18.18%
24 6 54.55%
The West Wing 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Re: bodog is such a joke (with a screen shot)

[ QUOTE ]
OP could just go sit in a legitimate high-limit table and splash around. Bodog couldn't void the play of that game because there were legit other players in the hands. Just make sure one of the guys is your friend and that you lose some money to him; don't specifically "dump" to him, just play badly and lose money to everyone at the table and he'll get some of it.

In the past when people's accounts have been hacked, money lost in "legitimate play" is never creditted back because the sites say they can't void the hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep. i am confident bodog has enough money in their business that if 1.3 million was slowly circulated through their poker site - some of it to ten of OP's closest friends - that they would have to payout at least some of the "blood money" that was born in this guy's account. they would lose all their customers if they confiscated what many of their players thought was fairly-earned money.

but OP would've had to weigh how much he would ultimately make from the scheme versus the risk of bodog coming after him.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP, does your cashier page indicate how the money got in there? (Deposit, tourney win, love note from Calvin Ayre, etc...)

[/ QUOTE ]

the software made some really vague statemnt about how it got there. i went into the My Account> eCash Statement thing in their software, and it called it an Action Credit Transfer. this is a page that tells u how much u buy into and cahsout for at each table along with depsoits and withdrawawlas, bonuses, and rakeback . the other entries have a pxxxxx number listed with them, this one come up N/A

[/ QUOTE ]

rakeback on bodog??? i was under the impression there was no rakeback on bodog and i will be extremely pissed if i find out there is because i will have lost a fortune playing without it.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:21 PM

get ready to be extremely pissed then.

go to the affiliates/rakeback forum on 2+2 (it's closing soon).
I think in the archives you can find info on when Bodog offered RB.
I don't know how easy it is to get anymore but at one time it wasn't a big deal at all.
I have RB on my Bodog acct but I choose not to play there.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think ripping off a not-for-profit site is pretty much the lowest of the low, but when it comes to a profit making organization like BODOG then I'd be quite glad they got ripped off (even if it wasn't me benefiting from the money). They should either spend some of their huge profits on protecting themselves from this or suffer the consequences.

The day they spend every cent of their profit is the day I'll say I'd be sad to see them get ripped off.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
My opinion of you just took a nosedive.

May you be forced to spend every penny you earn protecting yourself from thieves.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know this is a pretty bad example, but when it comes down to it I consider people like Calvin Ayre (or <insert billionaire here&gt to be the biggest thieves of all time. What right do they have to such a big chunk of the worlds resources for themselves?

By being forced to spend their money on protecting themselves from thieves they are actually being forced to re-distribute the money they have taken from society: Think of the bodyguard, the guy who builds the armoured cars, the guy who builds/installs the security system, etc. They all benefit from the rich guy being forced to protect himself from thieves and the rich guy's quality of life is hardly effected by being slightly less rich.

BODOG being forced to protect it's money better is no different, as this will force them to employ more people. In the long run this means less profit for Calvin Ayre and overall more social benefit for the people who really need it. To Calvin Ayre $1 means virtually nothing; to somebody who really needs it might just mean the difference between a [censored] life and a bearable life...

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2007, 06:44 PM

Default POLL: What would you have done?

Old 06-22-2007, 07:39 PM

do anything but informing Bodog of the mistake is no better than doing a chargeback (except for 1.4 million)

you did the right thing.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:47 PM

What would Bodog do if it had gone to a less honest guy than OP, who then gone and legitimately lost it in high stakes poker games?
Old 06-22-2007, 07:50 PM

ps, it's a bit hard to "steal" from bodog as they take over a month to cash [censored] out.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:53 PM

There is just no way they wouldn't have noticed a 1.5 million jump in somebody's account. I'm sure they have actual humans that track jumps that large. The OP did the only thing he could've done.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:03 PM

Not like they were gonna let u cash it out.