Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Cash game pros - lifestyle (and numbers) questions

Wow, this thread really delivers. Thanks to all for your replies.

Few points id like to make:

- i do keep in shape, currently playing ultimate frisbee once a week, going to do join another weekly league (frisbee or soccer most likely) so i get to socialize/excercise all at once...i also plan on doing a lot of snowboarding this winter. I also do either pushups / chinups or ab work on the daily.

- I feel really bad talking about what i do now... at first, I was honest with my friends. THey would ask 'how is poker' and i would tell them. But then I feel bad saying i made more friday night then they are going to make in 2weeks of work :/ I would also tell them if i lost, but most people dont understand when i say i lost 1k last night ... usually get some speeches about gambling and how its so wrong to lose 1k in a night , to be careful etc.

So now, when I meet people and they ask what I do I will tell them im a stock broker. I sorta am, my stock is my poker-skill and i am betting on it.

Past few weeks I have been reserving 1 night of the weekend to partying/drinking while the other is reserved to pwn donks who have been partying/drinking.

Thanks for all the comments, i will update when i hit 100k hands [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]