Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 02:48 AM

Default Re: Quick quiz

i would think that A9 should be significantly lower than AA with a range that beyond monsters includes med-high suited hands, connectors, and single pairs. even though we were drawing slim against monsters w/ AA, we're much worse off w/ A9(from ~9% to 1%). also, w/A9 we lose equity to the overpairs that we had ~90% against w/AA. against high/broadway unpaired flush and straight draws AA is again better off b/c of overcards to our pair when holding A9.

edit: maybe not significantly lower but i don't think they are that close; no stove on this computer though.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would think that A9 should be significantly lower than AA with a range that beyond monsters includes med-high suited hands, connectors, and single pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

A9 and AA have very different equities if you include overpairs. If you remove them, then I think it gets pretty close.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would think that A9 should be significantly lower than AA with a range that beyond monsters includes med-high suited hands, connectors, and single pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

A9 and AA have very different equities if you include overpairs. If you remove them, then I think it gets pretty close.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. it makes sense to discount the overpairs. i hadn't really done any hard calcs; was just comparing the estimated equity against each group w/n the range (AA v A9) and i had all combos of TT-QQ in there which gives 18 combos that AA dominate but that A9 is dominated by. like you said that's gives AA a serious boost here. how about all TT combos and one combo of JJ? obv it fits the pf play better.

edit: maybe even just a couple combos of TT,