Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Talking poker outside 2p2

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
New GF FTW. Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. I emailed her a link to this thread hoping maybe she would read it and understand better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Frickin fabulous

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wait for her to get home. It's going to be spectacular.

I wouldn't be surprised if she registered to flame me. Stay tuned for possible real time, in-thread trainwreck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey One Outer's GF, poker earnings are all about the long haul. Don't get your panties in a bunch worrying about daily ups or downs, all you need to be concerned about is your BF's hourly wage.

If he can't tell you what his hourly wage is, averaged over the last 6 months, then kick his degenerate ass to the curb.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:42 PM

my non-gambling friends have learned to stfu for the most part, since i've been deriving a significant portion of my income from internet gambling for a few years now.

if you think people asking you about poker is bad, tell them you bet on sports for a living. see what they say.

the most commonly annoying thing i get is similar to the michael scott line from the office: "hey, can i give you like some money, and you double it, and double it again maybe five times?"

gtfo.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:02 AM

when I talked to a friend some time ago about gambling, I explained odds and outs to him and he understood. when I asked him, if he would flip a coin where he could win 10$ or loose 1$, he said, he wouldnt do it, because he doesnt like gambling.
and he does not need every dollar to get food or something.

and my mother is always worried that I lose everything I own or my boss finds out I play poker and I lose my job. but she said, it is ok if I play very low stakes only. I shouldnt tell her that my goal is to move up, she would freak out.