Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 11:10 PM

Default Re: The Ultimate Fighter / UFC thread

[ QUOTE ]
His boxing is far superior to MMA/UFC levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a Kimbo hater, but c'mon. It's really way too early to make a statement like that.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His boxing is far superior to MMA/UFC levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a Kimbo hater, but c'mon. It's really way too early to make a statement like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are some of the better strikers in MMA? Up until recently Chuck Liddel did very well striking. Granted a lot of this had to do with his great takedown defense, but he was widely regarded as a dangerous striker.

His boxing wasn't sharp though. He threw very wide punches (albeit hard) but that wouldn't wouldn't get the job done versus boxers. Maybe the fact that you cant block punches as easy in MMA makes it less important, I don't know. Maybe haymakers have merit without big gloves to worry about absorbing the impact. No one really dodges punches or blocks too effectively either (Anderson Silvia seemed to block very well against Franklin, but he seems to be an exception).

I just feel Kimbo can throw as hard of punches in a much more crisp, shorter, and quicker fashion. I also think he movement is better than other strikers when standing. I guess I just think he will be a more effective striker than all of his competition. Whether this will be enough or if it transitions to MMA well is yet to be seen granted.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:59 PM

Got my tickets for UFC 80 today be interesting (as well as expensive) watching live compared to the tv, just hope they give us a decent bill.
Closed Thread