Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

View Poll Results: Chances this plan works? (Both professors let me make up the exams)
100% 12 4.27%
90% 32 11.39%
80% 47 16.73%
70% 48 17.08%
60% 30 10.68%
50% 40 14.23%
40% 14 4.98%
30% 21 7.47%
20% 13 4.63%
10% or less 24 8.54%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Guitar Hero III

Well I just got 5*s on Raining Blood; but after extensive play I must say that I don't enjoy GH3 as much as I did GH2. The master tracks are nice; but the sound mix on a lot of them is just bad. There are parts in multiple songs where you just can't hear the guitar track at all.

The set lists aren't balanced. In GH2 the songs gradually become more and more difficult until you hit the final tier. In GH3 you have six tiers that have no challenge at all and tier eight that some pretty good players will never beat.

In particular the Raining Blood should have been a bonus track. I beat it after five attempts; but I can see how it would frustrate the piss out of most players. If they had put Jordan in the final tier of GH2 it would have ruined the game for me. I did finally beat it; but if I had to beat it to beat the game I probably would have just said screw it and stopped playing.

The Boss Battles are also something of a disappointment. I can beat Tom and Slash every time with no real challenge; but I can only beat Lou around half the time. It really is just too random.

Another gripe in this thread that I have to agree with is not being able to play Devil Went down to Georgia in quickplay.

In general the game just feels rushed. It's obvious to me that they wanted to beat Rock Band to market because there are many small mistakes that could have easily been corrected. I realize that they can and will fix alot of these problems with patches; but when I pay $100 (5 dollars Canadian) for a game I expect a finished product.