Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is hotter?
Charlize Theron 160 42.11%
Ana Beatriz Barros 220 57.89%
Voters: 380. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

FWIW, I've sweated friends playing pokergirl z and casually watched her play on many ocassions. I personally never saw any evidence of botting. As telling as anything, she was definitely prone to tilting and did so on many ocassions. Another thing pokergirl z did that a bot wouldn't do is leave games quickly after getting stuck ~5-10 bets (even against known fish). I'm just not sure what to think anymore.

Can someone who's seen some information answer whether multiple accounts (per Mike and specifically "pokergirl z" and "greggo77") had anything to do with Full Tilt's decision?
Old 11-03-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I've sweated friends playing pokergirl z and casually watched her play on many ocassions. I personally never saw any evidence of botting. As telling as anything, she was definitely prone to tilting and did so on many ocassions. Another thing pokergirl z did that a bot wouldn't do is leave games quickly after getting stuck ~5-10 bets (even against known fish). I'm just not sure what to think anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. So I google pokergirl z and the first listing is a blog that looks to be her. Correct me Sal if I am wrong. Down the page a bit she describes her play:

"My Mecca .. Online gaming. I started playing 5-10 Texas Holdem heads up limit games and realized the world was my ocean. Good fishing and an endless horizon. I quickly moved up to 10-20 and now I play up to 300-600. I’ve been playing online for over 2 years now. I wish I could say I was a cool headed Zen like poker master. I cannot say that. I’m volatile and have been known to go on tilt on occasion."

Part of her Aug. 05, 2005 post. Doesn't prove anything, but sounds alot like how she was seen by previous poster. Someone who goes on tilt is not a bot. Hand histories should show this. Come on FT, cough em up.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:59 PM

finding cases of her tilting in min bet hands will be 100 times harder than finding them in NL
Old 11-03-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
finding cases of her tilting in min bet hands will be 100 times harder than finding them in NL

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, tilting in limit is easy to spot in an otherwise solid player. You get a monster snapped off and suddenly find yourself calling a raise with K, 10 off or a double raise with 66. Bots will not do this.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:14 PM

Johny - She plays heads-up.
I sure as hell hope she calls raises with KT and 3-bets with 66. She might be the weakest heads-up player in history if she doesn't.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:17 PM

Woops sorry, you are right HU not ring. But tilt should still be visible from the histories.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:26 PM

You guys seem to be making an assumption that ive been thinking bout over the last couple hours - its that she hasnt been using a bot for very long - maybe a week or two before being locked out.

This would explain how she was on FTP and other sites for years without having problems and now is suddenly "found out". It would also expalin how she has been seen tilting in the past, and even could be used as part of a method to combat her tilting.

Not passing judgement just throwing it out there playing devils advocate.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys seem to be making an assumption that ive been thinking bout over the last couple hours - its that she hasnt been using a bot for very long - maybe a week or two before being locked out.

This would explain how she was on FTP and other sites for years without having problems and now is suddenly "found out". It would also expalin how she has been seen tilting in the past, and even could be used as part of a method to combat her tilting.

Not passing judgement just throwing it out there playing devils advocate.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to mention, its probably in ftp's best interest NOT to confiscate her 47k. if she's a high stakes LHE player shes going to generate a lot more than that in rake in one year.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:33 PM

correct. She could conceiveably have been occasionally using a bot 3 years ago too.
Sometimes she is playing live and ends up prone to tilt. Sometimes she actually goes to bed and just lets the bot play for her.

Just because you have a bot doesn't mean you have to play it 100% of the time.
so occasionally tilting really doesn't prove she never used a bot ever. It MAY prove she wasn't using a bot at that exact moment though but that isn't exactly going to clear her.

This really is a difficult thing to prove to be honest.

Prove that I've never ever fired a gun or even held one:
"Well, I met Bob once and we chatted for a few minutes. I searched him and he definitely wasn't holding a gun at that moment. And he seemed to know absolutely nothing about guns. Therefore, I think it's probable that he is telling the truth that he has never even touched one!!"
Old 11-03-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, tilting in limit is easy to spot in an otherwise solid player. You get a monster snapped off and suddenly find yourself calling a raise with K, 10 off or a double raise with 66. Bots will not do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]