Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Advice for entering Canada

So is there any merit to the accusations against Joe about the trafficking of illegal immigrants (was it illegal Asians immigrant ladies for his pa ??? j/k ) No offense Barry, you know what they say, once you go Asian you never go Caucasian!
Or what about the drug charges?

Are those true or did they make them up? I personally don't care if Joe Sebok did those things, I'm more interested in knowing if the customs agent was just making [censored] up to stop Joe from getting into Canada...

benny
Old 10-29-2007, 02:41 PM

Barry's audio blog said that someone who was doing those acts used Joe's name, assuming that Joe had a clean record.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:44 PM

Bottom line:

If you are going to Canada to cover a poker tournament for a website, you will need to apply specifically for a "media visa" long before you attempt to enter Canada, even if the media company were not based in Canada.

Canada is very protective of its media and entertainment industries, to the point where NAFTA specifically excludes "culture" from being subject to free trade.

Most people associated with poker will try to sneak through by telling the immigration official that he/she is "on vacation".
Old 10-29-2007, 07:55 PM

What if you are going to the Peoples Republic of China, the next great poker market ?
Old 10-29-2007, 08:10 PM

I am canadian, and everytime i come back to canada they always give me so much [censored]. They have scanned my credit cards for Coke many times, and they are just aggressive as hell in their questioning me, so from my biased perspective they are deserving of their reputation. Whereas when i go to the states they just say "hello, you are white...welcome to the USA sir".
Old 10-29-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So is there any merit to the accusations against Joe about the trafficking of illegal immigrants (was it illegal Asians immigrant ladies for his pa ??? j/k ) No offense Barry, you know what they say, once you go Asian you never go Caucasian!
Or what about the drug charges?

Are those true or did they make them up? I personally don't care if Joe Sebok did those things, I'm more interested in knowing if the customs agent was just making [censored] up to stop Joe from getting into Canada...

benny

[/ QUOTE ]

im Asian (filipino) and I love white women. Plus if it were asian it wouldnt be Viet (unless it was liz lieu),
Old 10-30-2007, 09:49 PM

Barry talks about it here:
http://www.cardplayer.com/tv/28460