Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: 50NL - River two pair and get donked into

[ QUOTE ]
I am checking the turn, as played fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Turn card improves us to TP in a blind war against a guy we have history with who showed no strength on the flop. Explain please.

Edit: Scratch that I had forgotten he donk/called the flop. I'd still like to hvae some discussion of the merits of a check on the turn. Is pot control your main concern here or do you feel we're behind at this point?
Old 10-27-2007, 03:17 PM

sorry I read hte hand wrong. I dont consider slightly more than 1/2 the pot a donk bet, I really think raising here is bad. I would have honestly folded the flop. 1/2 pot isnt a donk bet.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry I read hte hand wrong. I dont consider slightly more than 1/2 the pot a donk bet, I really think raising here is bad. I would have honestly folded the flop. 1/2 pot isnt a donk bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's definitely a point worth discussing. It is a donk bet by definition, but I agree that this is not a board we want to raise the flop on. I will raise donkbets as the PFR when I have at least some piece of the board, whether it be a pair or a good draw. Having 2 overs and a backdoor straight draw is not enough to continue and I would fold the flop here also.

As played though, I really think the pot is big enough on the turn that we need to try to take it down w/ a second barrel, which obviously is why the river is so hard to play now that we're fairly committed. I think the key mistake in this hand was raising the flop, but I think the turn is ok and the river is a thin call.