Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 02:11 AM

Default Re: I pressed the donk with KK and he pressed back.... what to do??

[ QUOTE ]

Basically you shut down KK when any ace hits the board and say goodbye to the 16 BB that you've already invested in the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Pokey said somewhere that average winrates for KK/AA over a large sample should be in the vicinity of 10-20 BB/100 in PT. Going on Pokey's advice I'd be more than happy to win a ~20BB pot with KK than lose 100BB.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:29 AM

He bet like a butterfly and stung you like a bee.

Sucks when the donks donk you.

Oh yea, fold.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:44 AM

Call his small bet on the turn and pray for a K on the river. At this point you are behind and should call only because the pot is so large. I wouldnt worry that much about giving him information by showing down. I would worry about not stacking off to him.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:15 AM

Villians who don't know about bet sizing and bet super small amounts on two streets aren't gonna somehow go to valuetown with huge bet on river, call and he'll bet small on river with almost any hand and aay river, so call down both streets, as for what did happen, obv fold, as he has an ace or better.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:15 AM

Thanks for the feedback. In this circumstance I did fold. I figured him for ace or better, with only a small outside chance that a heart draw might have beein trying to get fold equity here. I figured that for a real slim chance though.

Just for clarity though, and I did see opinions on both sides, what do you think of betting into an Ace on the turn, heads up with KK, versus shutting down?

I don't agree with "Livesinabarn" that the river bet would be small. When I see two weak bets that are simply called, the river bet is pot sized about 80-90% of the time. Especially from someone with as high of an aggression factor as him.

"Demon on the Farm", I'm not sure what you're getting at with your comment? I understand Pokey's stat, and fully agree with that. But my bet on the turn was an attempt to take the pot right there, essentially saying that I WAS happy with that pot and didn't want to mess around with it anymore.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:49 AM

Don't like turn raise, just call the small bet. Yes, it often means you'll face a decent bet on the river from someone so aggressive, but I would probably call that too (dependent on size and the river card). Sure, you'll lose sometimes, but you'll also pick off some bluffs.
Look at it from his point of view, your turn call says your hand is weak, so would he bet large on the river with a good hand into an obvious weak one? From an aggro player, I'd expect a larger bet to be more likely to be a bluff. I he bets small, you have an easy call and got to showdown cheaply.

As played once he 3-bets the turn, it's very unlikely he has a draw, as your line is super strong so he can't expect to have much (if any) fold equity.