Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2007, 08:32 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?
Default Re: I\'m back in se-attle again

I didn't know there was anything closet about it. Anyway, I think this preflop raise is way better than most people think. Partially because I know the blinds were both super loose (like 80% to come along) and I didn't bother to include that in the OP. I did think briefly about calling mid-hand. I thought something along the line of the following. Sweet, a hand I can play. Maybe I should raise this time though, I'll probably end up in a 6 way pot which is nearly enough just based on set odds. Other good reasons to raise is I take it down on a A77 flop lots of the time with a single bet. Also sometimes I make a straight and very occasionally I win at showdown unimproved. Also I could wind up with some excessive action against someone who decides I can't really have hit that 862 flop.

On the turn no one is folding a better hand to a bet ever and I can fold if I get raised (but i miss out on my shot at the 1 outer). Because there's no danger of folding a winner and no shot at folding out a winner from my opponent my job becomes getting action from hands that are worse than mine. If my opponents have full house draws I should bet the turn but there's certainly no reason to think they do.

Dude,
The difference between bet-check and check-bet is that the former is way more likely to get action only when I'm beat, while the former will induce a lot of river crying calls.