Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, this isn't because it's Thailand, it's because they don't have real jobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a real job.

[/ QUOTE ]

What job?

[/ QUOTE ]

teaching 5 days a week 9h-4h

[/ QUOTE ]

Which kind of proves my point that you don't have the lifestyle the person I responded to was talking about of:

"it seems like Thailand is the kind of place where you can wake up in the morning and the first question that pops into your head is "what should I do today?" in the western world you only get to ask yourself that question maybe twice a week (on the weekends)"

You don't wake up and ask yourself "what should I do today?" you wake up and say "ugh, time to go to work" or maybe if you enjoy teaching "yay, time to go to work."
Old 10-22-2007, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, this isn't because it's Thailand, it's because they don't have real jobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a real job.

[/ QUOTE ]

What job?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which kind of proves my point that you don't have the lifestyle the person I responded to was talking about of:

"it seems like Thailand is the kind of place where you can wake up in the morning and the first question that pops into your head is "what should I do today?" in the western world you only get to ask yourself that question maybe twice a week (on the weekends)"

You don't wake up and ask yourself "what should I do today?" you wake up and say "ugh, time to go to work" or maybe if you enjoy teaching "yay, time to go to work."

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh you were talking about the lifestyle of people with no job? Then thanks for your interesting contribution to this thread, we learned a lot.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a real job.

[/ QUOTE ]

What job?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh you were talking about the lifestyle of people with no job? Then thanks for your interesting contribution to this thread, we learned a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, thank you for your masterful inability to read what you're responding to.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:59 AM

Obviously if you have a job it's different than not having a job.

That said, with the exception of a lot of places in Bangkok, it seems like Thai people are much more laid back and friendly than people in the Western world. I know two Burmese girls currently living in Chiang Mai who work 3-11 everyday in the night market for 150 baht/day and they smile and laugh more than anyone else I know.

There is clearly a difference in attitude between the West and Thailand (and likely SE Asia as a whole), and much less of an emphasis on the accumulation of wealth. Maybe that's because there's no wealth to accumulate, but there's definitely a big difference. It's hard to write about this sort of thing without 100+ pages of space unfortunately. Lots of nuances and little details.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:33 PM

is it a guy
Old 10-22-2007, 04:30 PM

So... after reading about 75 straight pages of this thread I can conclude two things:

1) nearly every 2+2er living in or interesting in living in Thailand has a main interest of banging thai prostitutes or hooking up with thai girls

2) wow, those people are pathetic, most of them probably cant get a girlfriend in the U.S., so hmm "i'll go to thailand and try it"

Its no mystery why this thread has so many views and posts compared to other location travel threads such as "Ask me about anything about Czech Republic"... its because there are a bunch of horny online poker geeks browsing this forum!

sorry just had to vent.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So... after reading about 75 straight pages of this thread I can conclude two things:

1) nearly every 2+2er living in or interesting in living in Thailand has a main interest of banging thai prostitutes or hooking up with thai girls

2) wow, those people are pathetic, most of them probably cant get a girlfriend in the U.S., so hmm "i'll go to thailand and try it"

Its no mystery why this thread has so many views and posts compared to other location travel threads such as "Ask me about anything about Czech Republic"... its because there are a bunch of horny online poker geeks browsing this forum!

sorry just had to vent.

[/ QUOTE ]

no thailand has much more to offer than hookers. bangkok does not equal thailand. i understand your frustration though.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

sorry just had to vent.

[/ QUOTE ]

ill bet u my bankroll that ive [censored] more good looking girls than u in any country.

ill bet my whole bankroll that you cannot get as much free sex as me or ofdabeat in this country either.

not fat, not skinny, not scary looking

just a [censored] balla with attitude

ps u sound like a dirty jealous backpacker.

u really dont know [censored] about life.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

sorry just had to vent.

[/ QUOTE ]

ill bet u my bankroll that ive [censored] more good looking girls than u in any country.

ill bet my whole bankroll that you cannot get as much free sex as me or ofdabeat in this country either.

not fat, not skinny, not scary looking

just a [censored] balla with attitude

ps u sound like a dirty jealous backpacker.

u really dont know [censored] about life.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow... calm yourself. How do you reach the conclusion I dont know [censored] about life? Because I made an accurate observation about this thread? At least 50% of this thread is about ladyboys or whatever the hell they are and how easy/difficult it is to hook up with thai chicks. If you hadn't noticed this seems to be the biggest area of concern for a lot of these people.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:32 PM

ur54sold :

To me, thailand is about being able to live like a millionaire in the us without actually having anywhere near a million dollars.

This pretty much means being able to wake up in the morning and do exactly what you want to do... so what if these guys chose to spend their days with women...what gives you the [censored] right to judge them?

Don't be such a petty human being.... its human beings like your that create stigmas out of nothing... and then 100 years later we wonder why theres a stigma surrounding something in the first place.

Go to Thailand, do what you want to do, enjoy yourself... stop being such a closed mind human being.
Closed Thread