Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see what is new here, except that Joe Norton acknowledges 100% ownership.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, they've admitted there are more accounts involved than we thought:
"We have recently uncovered additional accounts used by the consultant that have not been publicly reported. So as to not compromise the investigation, we are not releasing the names of these additional accounts at this time, and will contact these affected customers individually."
Old 10-21-2007, 01:30 PM

Listen, I used to work in investigations for the biggest stock exchange in the world, and when we caught insiders acting improperly, we didn't *only* suspend them (or in some cases bar them from the industry for life.) We followed up with law enforcement as appropriate to make sure that not only did they lose their privilege to act as brokers, but when their actions were criminal, they faced the full weight of our judicial system. That's what you need to do here. Don't tell us there wasn't criminal activity here, be it reckless or merely negligent. I don't care whether you want to look at American, Costa Rican, or Panamanian laws -- they were broken. Get the criminal justice system involved here (although I suspect that the length of time it took to release your "official" statement is due to your lawyers painstakingly ensuring that no part of it admits to anything actually *criminal* or otherwise actionable.) I personally worked on the cases of quite a few brokers who were out-and-out crooks, basically pocketing monies that were given to them by clients to invest for them or needlessly churning to create excessive commissions -- this analogy really isn't all that that inapplicable to Scott Tom's alleged power trip. And the punishments weren't merely administrative, they were *criminal*. Show us how serious you *really* are about this by getting law enforcement involved. Or are you worried that such action would require a level of discovery that you're worried would uncover something you hoped would stay hidden?
Old 10-21-2007, 01:38 PM

Its all about assets. The reason for the delays is "They" need time to create new companies and shift assets. The approach need to be three pronged attack. They have violated international banking laws and have an international criminal organization. This puts them in the site of many agencies who will do the work for us. But we need to choke of their supply of money.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:43 PM

I am the former Grand Chief of the Mohawk Territory of Kahnawake and the owner of Tokwiro Enterprises ENRG, which HOLDS A 100% interest in Absolute Poker.

Then, if they hold a 100% interest in AP, why did they remove AP from the list of pokersites they support ????!!!!

That's just non-sense !

They appear as the owner as for taxes not to be paid seems a more decent explanation.

I would say : follow the money to see who's the owner (I've been reading Malta ? Is that correct ?)
Old 10-21-2007, 01:45 PM

Well I'm glad I reserved my judgment...

I hope this gets real juicy now, bring on the revelations!

Can I clarify something mentioned but not often discussed in the previous thread? I know that Potripper and Steamroller/User 363 are good buddies AJ Green and Scott Tom, fraternity borthers (?), and both in at Absolute on the ground floor I believe. What about the other cheating accounts? Do they, broadly speaking, belong to a crew of old college buddies? I believe someone suggested that was the case, but I didn't know how much credence to attribute to it because I was a bit behind at the time.

So is that true? If all the accounts are linked it would make the sole rogue consultant explanation pretty implausible, no? I mean, why setup a whole group of old friends rather than just one guy? And how did the owners of the accounts not notice their accumulation of hundreds of thousands of dollars?
Old 10-21-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about the other cheating accounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

they're all owned by the same two people, which is easy to figure out because they all play consistently, equally horribly
Old 10-21-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What about the other cheating accounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

they're all owned by the same two people, which is easy to figure out because they all play consistently, equally horribly

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened to the supposed 2 high-ranking executives who were involved with this, one of whom was supposed to be kicked out for good, with the other one getting a <cough> timeout.

That doesn't seem to jive with the "rogue consultant" story at all.

Not to mention how the cheating was traced to a home cable modem at Scott Tom's residential address.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am the former Grand Chief of the Mohawk Territory of Kahnawake and the owner of Tokwiro Enterprises ENRG, which HOLDS A 100% interest in Absolute Poker.

Then, if they hold a 100% interest in AP, why did they remove AP from the list of pokersites they support ????!!!!

That's just non-sense !

They appear as the owner as for taxes not to be paid seems a more decent explanation.

I would say : follow the money to see who's the owner (I've been reading Malta ? Is that correct ?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. More smoke and mirrors and this "so-called" ownership structure imo has alot to do with the fact that native indians whose place of business is on reserve and who live on reserve do not pay income taxes in Canada.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:36 PM

This is outrageous to say the least.

We need to use every avenue possible to bring this company down.

These criminals need to pay for their crimes, we can not let them go unpunished.

CAN ANYONE GET A COPY OF ALL ABSOLUTE'S CUSTOMERS E-MAIL ADDRESSES LEAKED TO THEM?

We have to use ANY means possible to get the word out.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is outrageous to say the least.

We need to use every avenue possible to bring this company down.

These criminals need to pay for their crimes, we can not let them go unpunished.

CAN ANYONE GET A COPY OF ALL ABSOLUTE'S CUSTOMERS E-MAIL ADDRESSES LEAKED TO THEM?

We have to use ANY means possible to get the word out.

[/ QUOTE ]the only likely way to get that result is to get everyone to stop playing AP. offshore= outside the law.. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Closed Thread