Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2007, 12:04 AM

Default Re: 5/10 - 10 handed - Q3s in BB against loose player and PFR - River Play

I would call here and fold if the CO raises. You have to call as you likely have top pair with a loose and reasonably aggressive SB betting after checked flop and turn. I would not raise as the SB might have a Q, too and if so, almost certainly with a better kicker. Worse yet, a Q with better kicker would not be surprising for the CO. The CO who seems probably straightforward raised preflop but checked both turn and river, suggesting he does not have any A, nor KK, QQ, JJ, TT, 99 as one would have thought he would have bet any of these before the river, and he didn't. Would he have raised 88, 77, 66, you haven't given us enough of a read, but most live low limit players wouldn't even when opening from the cutoff. That leaves KQ, JQ, and maybe JTs as possible raising hands, but for an average live player it would skew heavily toward KQ. So I'd be afraid of the CO raising you, but don't think you can fold to the SB bet. Raising the SB is probably spewing as it will get raised by better hands and worse hands will fold. Do I make sense?