Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Antigua\'s latest submission is available for you armchair lawyers

[ QUOTE ]
I reviewed the submissions by Antiqua and US. US is raising all the issues already decided in the case. The US has a point about the total $, but I think that Antiqua is right about all other matters. My SWAG on the amount is 1/2 what Antiqua is seeking. But how else can they be compensated except by the relief from the IP obligations that they request?
Boy this takes a long time. Both submissions were in June.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot was/is confidential. Im on a 2 day stint awake or Id read more tonight. Where was this when I needed a project in college? The $ is what worries me. Im not sure if size of GDP will work for the USA. GDP only counts the final value of goods and services. Its not a true measure of an economy's size. The inputs gaming and related jobs contribute to the final value of GDP are excluded if its not
part of income receipts or payments. Gross output is going to be larger than GDP. Its a PR statement aimed at a group(the arbitration panel) who knows its meaningless. Mendel said they used sound econometric modeling, lets hope thats right. Heres hoping Bushy incompetence pays off and the USTR submissions infuriate the panel. Im going to ballpark 2.75bn.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:12 PM

Hey Jay wasn't Antiqua's request for compensation by the IP sanction submitted in their Recourse submission on June 22 or is that document meaningless?
Old 10-11-2007, 12:23 AM

Jay,

I agree with Whangarei -- thanks for keeping the poker community up to date on these activities. I like the line you've taken over the past several months. Rather than the "Antigua won't accept xxx" some have taken, your focus on the "the U.S. agreed to xxx and now we should keep our word" line has been very effective.

Cheers.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They were submitted September 19th and October 4th,

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but it is als true that this process is horribly frustratingly slow. Unfortunately we are in uncharted territory here I doubt anyone knows how long this will take to be resolved even though the WTO does try to timetable it and sets regular deadlines for the next stage.

Admit it Jay, you'd love to fast forward to the very end game too - as far as I can see Antigua has the mortal nuts and we are just waiting for the cards to come off.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They were submitted September 19th and October 4th,

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but it is als true that this process is horribly frustratingly slow. Unfortunately we are in uncharted territory here I doubt anyone knows how long this will take to be resolved even though the WTO does try to timetable it and sets regular deadlines for the next stage.

Admit it Jay, you'd love to fast forward to the very end game too - as far as I can see Antigua has the mortal nuts and we are just waiting for the cards to come off.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pace or urgency will pick up after this ruling, or the WTO will be a dead avenue to us. The methodology for compensation is the mortal nuts, not Antigua's position. However they penalize the US will be applied to every other claim. I don't think the US has any appeal once they rule on Antigua's damages.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Jay wasn't Antiqua's request for compensation by the IP sanction submitted in their Recourse submission on June 22 or is that document meaningless?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-15-2007, 10:30 AM

When I think of the "submissions, " I think of the large briefs turned in the past few weeks. The documents that were submitted in June were very small.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:02 AM

Jay- Are you back living in Antigua now? I know little off topic but