Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Re: October Low-Content Thread

munchkin, those were from the canterbury must move and must must move and main game... one may have been from online tho, forgot
Old 10-11-2007, 10:53 PM

Well i don't know how many radiohead fans are here, but i know some of you listen to music while playing poker. Their 7th album is free to download, or pay whatever you like:

http://www.inrainbows.com/

I'm listening to it now and it sounds pretty good so far.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:39 AM

cool, i might catch up with ship it this month.

AA vs 9-10 o/s 3 bets preflop. then 3 bets on flop of A-Q-J board. runner runner club for flush.

AA vs k-10 and q-10. hitting 10 is ez, hitting both is fun.

A-Q vs a-9 and Q-J o/s. Nut flush on turn. double pair board at river. mucking is fun.

My avg per hour this month is $2. i'm still in the green so that's pretty funny.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:28 AM

THIS IS WHY YOU DO NOT SLOWPLAY, PEOPLE

REPEAT: DO. NOT. SLOWPLAY!

So I open 77 in MP, and a weak-tight guy in the SB 3-bets, which means QQ-AA only. TAGgish lady in the BB calls 2 more, I call.

Flop comes down J77. SB bets, BB calls, I RAISE (goddamit yes! Do not slowplay!), SB thinks about 3-betting but just calls, BB calls.

Turn is J. Good news for SB, bad news for BB. SB checks, BB bets, I RAISE, SB folds, BB 3-bets, I 4-bet, BB calls.

At this point, the dealer stops scooping chips into the pot and leaves our bets in front of us, assuming we'll be chopping. 2 of the BB's friends have gathered behind her.

River is a 3. She bets, I raise, she calls while the guys behind her yell "come on! chop chop already!" I show quads, she mucks, I take all the monies.

See, when you flop quads and raise, it's the last hand anyone puts you on.

Of course I got lucky that BB filled up on the turn, but even if she didn't, SB was going to stick around and put a lot more bets in with his AA (which he admitted to folding on the turn).
Old 10-12-2007, 05:37 AM

Thank you PJ, on your lesson of how to play the nuts.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JJ is the nuts on this board.

Do you not agree that like 99.997% of poker players smooth-call this flop? In fact most 2+2ers are still slowplaying in these situations. Scoff all you want, but most people suck at maximizing profits from monsters.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you not agree that like 99.997% of poker players smooth-call this flop? In fact most 2+2ers are still slowplaying in these situations. Scoff all you want, but most people suck at maximizing profits from monsters.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't usually slowplay the nuts and i likely wouldn't here but i don't think it's that clear cut. the obvious overpair is likely to blow out the BB when you might be able to trap her for 2 bets on the turn. she might have even folded her jack if SB 3-bet, which would have been disaster.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
THIS IS WHY YOU DO NOT SLOWPLAY, PEOPLE

REPEAT: DO. NOT. SLOWPLAY!

So I open 77 in MP, and a weak-tight guy in the SB 3-bets, which means QQ-AA only. TAGgish lady in the BB calls 2 more, I call.

Flop comes down J77. SB bets, BB calls, I RAISE (goddamit yes! Do not slowplay!), SB thinks about 3-betting but just calls, BB calls.

Turn is J. Good news for SB, bad news for BB. SB checks, BB bets, I RAISE, SB folds, BB 3-bets, I 4-bet, BB calls.

At this point, the dealer stops scooping chips into the pot and leaves our bets in front of us, assuming we'll be chopping. 2 of the BB's friends have gathered behind her.

River is a 3. She bets, I raise, she calls while the guys behind her yell "come on! chop chop already!" I show quads, she mucks, I take all the monies.

See, when you flop quads and raise, it's the last hand anyone puts you on.

Of course I got lucky that BB filled up on the turn, but even if she didn't, SB was going to stick around and put a lot more bets in with his AA (which he admitted to folding on the turn).

[/ QUOTE ]

I got berated for this play while fooling around at a 3/6 game. Apparently I was supposed to not get value out of my hand in order for any possible jackpot to come in. I was borderline speechless.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently I was supposed to not get value out of my hand in order for any possible jackpot to come in.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a totally standard response in playing BBJs live, isn't it? I had a a guy in AC spend the better part of an hour explaining BBJ strategy to the table (in a tournament, so not that we were playing for at that point) and berating all the idiots who raise AA/KK/whatever pre-flop in those games.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In most cases you want to play it fast against aggressive opponents or if you have an aggressive image. Its kinda like the same situation as a 77Q board. You raise on the flop sometimes and you raise on the turn sometimes. I can't speak for all 2+2 but i do see some people slow play when it doesnt warrant it. Anyway i was mostly joking with you boss haha.
Closed Thread