Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 05:15 AM

Default Re: 19 percent of democrats think the world would be better off.....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To summarize your post, you're disappointed that 19% of the people who took a poll disagreed with you? I'd be ecstatic to be in a 81% majority on my views. What % would not elicit such emotion from you?

[/ QUOTE ]

what if 11 percent of americans wanted to vote in a scientologist as president? that wouldnt scare you?

[/ QUOTE ]
If the other 89% didn't believe in magic (as they do now), I'd feel much much much much much much much much much much much much much much better.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the other 89% didn't believe in magic (as they do now), I'd feel much much much much much much much much much much much much much much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

**Hug**
Old 10-05-2007, 05:38 AM

It's shocking and amazing that you can function on a level that allows you to post on an internet message board.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:43 AM

Note also: The question asks if the world would be better off, not if the US would be better off. However, the link to the page states "U.S. "Better Off" Losing War?"

If I asked you, "Would the world be better off if everyone in the US distributed their money to other countries?" Would the answer be yes?
Old 10-05-2007, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
.....if the USA lost the war in iraq. so my question is how can 19 percent of democrats (11 percent of the population overall) be so stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry I don't know the answer, but maybe you could help me. What is the United States objective in the war? I'm afraid I don't know, so I wouldn't even be able to recognize if it was met or not. I guess I don't even know what winning the war or losing the war would mean.

After I know what would constitute losing the war maybe I'll be able to help with your question. TIA.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
.....if the USA lost the war in iraq. so my question is how can 19 percent of democrats (11 percent of the population overall) be so stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on the definition of "lost" but anything that would prevent the US from invading sovereign countries on trumped-up charges of terrorism and WMD, killing large numbers, alienating and radicalising many more, leaving the country in question in a state of anarchy and near civil war, and putting its development back a number of years would indeed be a good thing.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on the definition of "lost" but anything that would prevent the US from invading sovereign countries on trumped-up charges of terrorism and WMD, killing large numbers, alienating and radicalising many more, leaving the country in question in a state of anarchy and near civil war, and putting its development back a number of years would indeed be a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

go sell crazy somewhere else
Old 10-06-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

go sell crazy somewhere else

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well argued. Well done.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

90% of the population believes in God - what's your point?
Old 10-05-2007, 10:21 AM

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/...prayer_web.pdf
Well someone should at least link to the poll results. 900 people seems a little light for a nation wide poll, no?

Also, 74% of republicans praying for Bush is rather goofy IMO. Even though I am an atheist praying for a war seems to stand in defiance of what christians would stand for.