View Poll Results: Which RB to start?
Julius Jones @ Was 0 0%
Fred Taylor vs. Ten 2 100.00%
Wali Lundy @ NYG 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2007, 02:24 AM

Default Re: This forum needs a makeover

I read the OP and the last post and a few in between. I have lurked these boards for a couple years and the Sports Betting section should be redone. It's not just a matter of threads for sports, it should be organized into multiple boards. Sports Betting shouldn't be listed under General Gambling as 1 board. Sports Betting should have a few subcategories under it:

Sports Bettings
-Football
-Basketball
-Baseball
-Other (UFC, Boxing, Soccer, etc)
-Daily Picks (All Sports)

This is the basic idea. You can divide each of those categories further if you want. ie - NBA/NCAA as sub categories to Basketball.

Having a separate board for picks will get rid of a lot of clutter and you will see more information and discussion. I'm not saying that people can't pick games, but that kind of stuff gets in the way when you are just looking for good information. This way, if you want to follow a certain person you can find all their picks quicker in the appropriate forum. It's better for everyone that way. You can't just click on those threads and find information without sorting through tons of units and roi % jargon, not to mention the bragging/trolling. If people want to do that stuff, 2+2 should just host it like a myspace page because that's what it is basically.

I don't get why poker is broken down into a million different boards and sub boards, but Sports Betting is 1 board. There are so many different types of bets, I could see an ATS, moneyline, totals, exotics, props, whatever sub board for each sport if you wanted to do it that way. Doing it this way just clutters things too much, makes it harder to find what you want, makes it harder to learn, and makers it more likely that users are just getting and giving sport information from other boards on the Internet that are more organized.

There are plenty of intelligent posters around here who would contribute much more sports betting insight if the organization were better, but for the most part you click the link see the first page is full of clutter and just move on. For the most part people don't have the time to sort through page 2,3,4 just to find a topic that interests them because they know that it's going to get buried in 20 minutes anyways by all the new posts ranging from So & So's Hot Picks to UFC 2387 to 4 team WNBA parlays.

Imagine if each week you can just click on Football over on the left panel and up pops a page with each game that week listed and each thread is the latest news, information & analysis, not individual picks from people you've never heard of. Maybe a link within the forum to go back to the list of Week 3 games. And moderate the threads so Johnny Punchclock isn't posting BEARS RULE!!! everywhere. That way people will learn just because they read a thread they don't have to post unless they add an idea or value to it.