Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Where can I get the SPR Charts from PNL?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't believe there is one. I suggest making one of your own if you'd like to have one for quick reference. I'd also do not suggesting reproducing them and handing them out or making it available on line because the material does not belong to you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nothing wrong with creating a chart based on material in a book.

According to the U.S.Copyright Office (URL )
[ QUOTE ]
What does copyright protect?
Copyright, a form of intellectual property law, protects original works of authorship including literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works, such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture. Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section "What Works Are Protected."

[/ QUOTE ]

and

[ QUOTE ]
How do I protect my idea?
Copyright does not protect ideas, concepts, systems, or methods of doing something. You may express your ideas in writing or drawings and claim copyright in your description, but be aware that copyright will not protect the idea itself as revealed in your written or artistic work.

[/ QUOTE ]

We've been through this already when the SSH charts were created, and again with the Kill Phil charts.

In summary, copying a chart in a page is bad. Creating charts based upon paragraphs is good. That is all.