Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Re: 100NL: I Am So Confused

[ QUOTE ]
this doesn't seem that hard of a decision to make. u wrote u've played thousands of hands w/ this player so u should know him/her well by now. there is $159 in the pot ($12 preflop & $42 on the flop plus the $105 all in on turn) and u need to call $105. u r gettin 1.5:1 on ur money which means u need to win the hand more than 1 out of every 2.5 times or over 40% of the time to make the call profitable. just pick a hand range for this person (since u r supposed to know him/her that well) and measure ur hand against his range.

if u don't know how to do this then u def have a lot to learn yet. u could start by reading an article phil galfond (omgclayaiken) wrote not so long ago for bluff mag about hand ranges and what he called "g-bucks". i believe it's the simplest way i've ever read that concept explained.
link to article

[/ QUOTE ]

El-oh-el at this whole post.

I'm going to completely ignore how much you ripped on me in this post and just ask you what YOU think his range is here. Just because I've played a lot of hands with him doesn't mean he's transparent...my God, if that were true, the pros would never play against each other since they'd always know what the other players had.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to completely ignore how much you ripped on me in this post and just ask you what YOU think his range is here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i apologize if i came on answerin in a condescendin way. didn't mean to and now that i reread it i kinda did. so, i'm sorry about that. as for the range i've already added a couple of hands to ur own range on my previous reply.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:15 PM

I would fold. Mainly because I highly doubt this guy would risk ALL of his chips without having a good hand. You said yourself..

[ QUOTE ]
he certainly knows what he's doing

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying that all-in in that situation is a good idea but knowing that he's pretty good (from what you say) I highly doubt he would risk all of his chips in that situation without having a solid hand.

If he has TT, his thought process could be (given the fact you guys have played a lot of hands together) that he knows you're pretty aggro and this could be a chance for you to hang yourself. From his point of view...

You raised preflop (not sure on your stats but for argument sake we'll say he thinks you're TAG) putting you on two high cards and JJ+ (assuming he has TT, he wont put you on TT+). The flop was amazing for him so he checks raises because he knows you're gonna c-bet a) because he knows you to be aggro and b) because a c-bet makes sense here. Once you make the call he can assume you have a high pair, JJ+. Because you called the flop he could think that you're going to commit yourself to the hand and he thinks that you're going to pay him off here.

Thats the only logical thought process I can think of if he has the hand, I'm not saying what he did was right but for a person who might "know what he's doing" this thought process makes some sense...I think...or I could be giving him way more credit than he deserves ...
Old 09-07-2007, 10:23 PM

I completely understand your problem and I have to admit this hand really looks kind of sick to me, too. From the way it was played I would say something like 89 or 87 being kind of afraid of the draws on the turn, but the question is: with 12/4 would he call a raise with this hand in the BB? Same goes for some weird straight like 97 or Q9, can't see him playing those PF. JT would be very strange, too, if he puts you on an overpair, he knows that you're ahead with a better two pair.
KQ of diamonds is also possible and playing a big draw that aggressive wouldn't be completely out of line, but why should he be raising (or even calling) your flop bet with this holding?
To sum this up, I guess the only holding that makes any kind of sense with his line here is a SC with an 8 and I think this is a horrible spot for you to be in.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:44 PM

Just fold. This looks like hes trying to goad you into a call. He knows you will fold AA-QQ to a normal bet here so he pushes and makes it look fishy to confuse you and hopefully get you to call.

I really dont think its a bluff unless villain is thinking on the fourth (?) level.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:48 PM

crunny, i'm in love w/ ur avatar.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
crunny, i'm in love w/ ur avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx. She's expensive though.