Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 12:08 AM

Default Re: Finished BIOSHOCK: !!Spoilers!!

why would anyone, their first time around, go for the rescue route. as soon as i got the game the first thing i wanted to do was harvest one of those little bitches.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why would anyone, their first time around, go for the rescue route. as soon as i got the game the first thing i wanted to do was harvest one of those little bitches.

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh, I was trying to play it as if I was actually IN the game, and figured from some of the tapes that that bitch tennenbaum was just re-using them or something horrid, so I figured I was putting them out of their misery. Now I feel all dirty for the 5 I Harvested, especially since I got gypped in the process.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:24 PM

Ok, but back to the topic at hand -- and I'm not typing this in white cause this thread is already spoiler-heavy. So look out below if you're skittish.

I'm still trying to figure out what the ending is like if you killed the little sisters. I know there's a different FMV after Fontaine where you take over Rapture and whatnot. But what about the levels leading up to the end, after you confront Ryan? Do Tennenbaum and the little sisters still help you out? Do you still get the scene in the orphanage? Do the girls react differently do you? It seems like none of that Big Daddy business at the end makes sense if you've been harvesting. Does all of that still happen?
Old 08-30-2007, 02:49 PM

yes you are in the orphanage and you can hear them saying, "who is he?" with the response by another little sister, "hes the one who hurts us"
Old 08-30-2007, 03:09 PM

Little sisters: rescue or harvest?

Personally I can't understand the comment above about not harvesting them. We make our choices based on how we feel about the game world. My choice was to save them all and I'd happily do it all again the same.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:45 PM

same for me -

not willing to kill a little girl (even in a video game)
Old 09-02-2007, 12:27 PM

Loved the game, the ending not so much. After feeling so involved in this game, i just feel that a 20 second movie is quite a lackluster way to end it. Oh well, i guess this is something where the journey is really the reward.

Either way, my favorite post KOTOR game.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:53 PM

Am I the only one that really didn't like this game? The sound was awful (couldn't tell where the enemies were coming from, could hear security cameras from 3 rooms away with doors closed, the grainy sound through the radio, etc), I hated those [censored] taped journals, and everytime you would try to listen to one you'd get raped from different directions.

While I enjoyed the premise of the game, it got to the point that it got so annoying I couldn't wait to finish.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one that really didn't like this game? The sound was awful (couldn't tell where the enemies were coming from, could hear security cameras from 3 rooms away with doors closed, the grainy sound through the radio, etc), I hated those [censored] taped journals, and everytime you would try to listen to one you'd get raped from different directions.

While I enjoyed the premise of the game, it got to the point that it got so annoying I couldn't wait to finish.

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't the only one. The sound ticked me off. I usually had no idea where anything was coming from. The weapons weren't very satisfying either. They felt way too weak. I also spent half of the game running low on ammo and searching every damn box/crate in sight. I was playing on hard so maybe that's the design. Eventually I just started wailing on everything with the wrench and rarely used guns.

The last boss was easy and the ending was too short.

After all these years, I still prefer the gameplay of Quake. Crisp and clean with powerful weapons that are fun to shoot.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:12 PM

I was royally pissed off at the ending. I harvested 2 little sisters early on after saving the first one. I saved the first figuring Tannenbaum was watching, but since I wasn't sure who was good, Atlas or Tannebaum, I harvested the next 2 before deciding to save some more. After the first "reward" for saving them, I saved the rest. Killed 2, saved the rest.

My reward? I'm a [censored] monster at the end....