Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 04:33 AM

Default Re: Ask me about Finnish military

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you in it?

[/ QUOTE ]
In Finland we have to serve military or do the civil thing which is 13 months iirc. Jail is one option too..
I think military is the best from the 3 options [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2007, 04:44 AM

Are there any special forces in the Finnish military? and if yes, do you know how they train?
Old 09-01-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are there any special forces in the Finnish military? and if yes, do you know how they train?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes we have rapid deployment forces and such but I have no idea how they train.
We have combat divers too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] you can watch that stuff from youtube http://youtube.com/watch?v=-C0cwGvG9bQ we had a series from their training, pretty sweet.
http://www.teetyotajollaontarkoitus.fi/ there's some propagand for y'all too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2007, 05:35 AM

For those of you taking the piss out of the Finnish military, they fought on the German side in WWII against Russia. In 1944 Russia invaded Finland. This was when the Russian military machine was awesome. The Finns fought them off and won their independence. Pretty impressive stuff.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For those of you taking the piss out of the Finnish military, they fought on the German side in WWII against Russia. In 1944 Russia invaded Finland. This was when the Russian military machine was awesome. The Finns fought them off and won their independence. Pretty impressive stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
We beat Britain when we were just a bunch of farmers and injuns and Britain was all that and a bag of chips. boo-yah.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
We beat Britain when we were just a bunch of farmers and injuns and Britain was all that and a bag of chips. boo-yah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only with the help of the French... boo-hoo [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2007, 07:05 AM

I served 12months and got out about 2 months ago. While servig it felt like [censored], but now I think it was good times. New friends, new experiences and stuff. Feel free to ask me anything.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I served 12months and got out about 2 months ago. While servig it felt like [censored], but now I think it was good times. New friends, new experiences and stuff. Feel free to ask me anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've gotten really good friends already. Well, it's [censored] anyways but when you're camping with good people it gets better [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Outstanding use of 'boo-yah' imo.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:54 AM

How much for a coffee and a jelly donut these days?