Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 10:28 PM

Default Re: Home Players & Hosts Peeves

"Oh man, I'd have had a set" after they folded on the flop and off came runner-runner 7s.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:46 PM

at first I used to do this myself- but it annoys me now to no end

rabbit chasing

stop being so results oriented dude!!
Old 09-01-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at first I used to do this myself- but it annoys me now to no end
rabbit chasing
stop being so results oriented dude!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting annoyed: -EV
Encouraging others to play better: -EV
Discouraging people from chasing their long draws: -EV

I love for people to rabbit hunt.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:26 AM

My games are not bothered too much by latecomers or no-shows. From day 1 of my home game, I have e-mailed no-shows once, then kicked them out for a second no-show. Yes, I have kicked out six players in 19 months for this.

I also let eveyone know the game starts at 7:00. No arrivals allowed before 6:50 and the door is locked at 7:05, so late arrivals have to call me to be let in special. I usually have several players standing around on my doorstep at 6:49, and it is pretty rare that we have any latecomers.

I hate to be a hardass, but hey, my games are always full and always on time. People seem to like it.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My games are not bothered too much by latecomers or no-shows. From day 1 of my home game, I have e-mailed no-shows once, then kicked them out for a second no-show. Yes, I have kicked out six players in 19 months for this.

I also let eveyone know the game starts at 7:00. No arrivals allowed before 6:50 and the door is locked at 7:05, so late arrivals have to call me to be let in special. I usually have several players standing around on my doorstep at 6:49, and it is pretty rare that we have any latecomers.

I hate to be a hardass, but hey, my games are always full and always on time. People seem to like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like a nit. Why would people play at your games?

/I hope your troll account is a huge level
Old 09-11-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like a nit. Why would people play at your games?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just read his other posts, doesn't seem like a troll at all - doesn't say anything to piss anyone off.

Doesn't sound nittish to me, either, sounds like a good idea, and it sounds like he runs an efficient game. I'd love to play somewhere where I didn't have to wait 45 minutes for enough people to show up to start.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:03 PM

I don't go so far as TrvChnboy, but I do think that players appreciate consistentsy. My home game is more hard ass than others in my crew who host, but they also don't get as many players as I do. When you allow lateness, there will be lateness.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I guess it does sound bad, but one of the reasons I have had full games every week for 19 months is that I can guarantee a full table that gets cards in the air on time every time.

We have our fun and have made some good friendships, but my game is more serious poker than social event, so that's an important distinction.

I wouldn't be so tough on family or close friends (but I would still check-raise them!).
Old 09-12-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I guess it does sound bad, but one of the reasons I have had full games every week for 19 months is that I can guarantee a full table that gets cards in the air on time every time.

We have our fun and have made some good friendships, but my game is more serious poker than social event, so that's an important distinction.

I wouldn't be so tough on family or close friends (but I would still check-raise them!).

[/ QUOTE ]

The home games I play in there is always lots of action with people coming & going. When people get felted it's always good to have "new money" enter the game.

Our 1/2 game plays like 1/15 (on some nights), and the 2/5 plays like 2/20. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Lots of chips on the table & everyone can't be winners. So the fresh meat (I mean players) is good during the course of the night.

Your game is obviously different. Nice job in keeping it running for over a year.