Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 01:13 AM

Default flop decision with KK

pf raiser is TAG, can make tricky plays headsup, freeshowdown raises and stuff like that
dude behind me calling 3 cold is 35/20/1.5 over 100 hands

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP calls, ???
Old 08-29-2007, 01:29 AM

Default Re: flop decision with KK

how can you do anything but call? If you 3-bet here you will have a huge problem if you're behind becuase your odds on the turn will be close (whether it's capped now and you face a bet on the turn or if you lead the turn and you get raised). And then the pot will be gigantic on the river so you'll prob call again.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how can you do anything but call?

[/ QUOTE ]
agree. also, at this point in the hand, i start considering ways i will be pushed to fold my hand, and i fear ridiculous turn cards like the Jd.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:39 AM

TT, AQ, KQ and maybe maybe other pp's trying to isolate you on the dry flop. TT or AQ the majority of the time so just call.

Turn and river are prolly call downs UI but I dont like it. The good news is you have 4 outs vs TT.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:33 AM

Ok, I take it you guys are more worried about button? To me it seemed like some Tx , pp, or drawing hand wanting protection or a cheap river card. I wasn't so sure he would fastplay a monster here, but he was pretty much unknown besides the limited stat read.

For some reason I was worried that MP was slowplaying a Q, but that would be a pretty bad play for him, so I guess that was faulty reasoning.

Anyway, assuming we call (that's what I did), what is the plan for a brick turn? I was considering donking out, but maybe that's pretty suicidal. Any A,K,J,9 or diamond we just call down if its one bet each street? Damn that's a lot of ugly cards....
Old 08-29-2007, 11:34 AM

er, duh, obv a K would be a pretty good card lol
Old 08-29-2007, 11:38 AM

i see a Q for MP too. This is one of those spots where I don't get value from my kings. But so it goes. I have to play SOME pots passively.

If you check the turn you can let MP c/r his Q and i muck there. If this guy cold-called the turn with the intention of bluff raising i'll let him take this one down. Go ahead and work that hard for this pot. Given - i am a huge SD monkey. So if you want to spew 3 bets to try and get me to fold that's fine because vs. me it's super -EV.

If you bet the turn, he calls you with a ten and that's cool. You also convince yourself to call down when raised. You also don't fold AK to that flop raise and MP could also have diamonds.

Tip-toe to showdown here and that's about it. Can't do much.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:59 AM

Ok, I called and the turn is a 9h, and the TAG MP leads out. Is it still a calldown?
Old 08-29-2007, 12:03 PM

if you don't know what to do - call. if you know you should fold but don't know if you're allowed to - fold.

This REALLY depends on MP. if he knows how to play cards and doesn't know i know how to play cards, i show him here when i fold.

If he's an idiot then he has A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].