Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 02:39 AM

Default Re: *Official* EPT Barcelona thread

GUYS THATS NOT COOL YOU KNOW ALCOHOL IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM AND THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE WHO BECOME ALCOHOLICS AND YOU KNOW THERE ARE KIDS ON THIS SITE AND THEY MAY BEGIN TO THINK DRINKING IS A COOL THING TO DO SO MAYBE YOU SHOULD ALL STOP FOR JUST A SECOND AND MAYBE THINK OF OTHERS AND STOP BEING SO SELFISH AND STOP PORTRAYING THIS POSITIVE IMAGE LIKE YOU ARENT COOL UNLESS YOU DRINK I MEAN CMON THIS IS A POKER FORUM NOT A HEHE IM DRUNK FORUM AMIRITE
Old 08-28-2007, 02:44 AM

Oh and also :

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post10414158
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9974235
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9125454
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9025940
Old 08-28-2007, 02:46 AM

rofl thayer is soo busto he spends all day surfing 2+2 to start drama so he can get some attention.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:31 AM

WHAT THE [censored] ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS

schaefer,
how did you not mention this last night at any point?

leo,
WHAT WTF. Also you can´t claim one hour of sleep when you nap for 3 hours into the party.

oh well, breakfast time, then I´m gonna go back to sleep
Old 08-28-2007, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

schaefer,
how did you not mention this last night at any point?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mention what? Incoherent babble?

Mornings like this remind me why, as unballa as I am, I only drink Patron when I take shots of tequila. F Cuervo, f Leo, f LuegoFuego, f Duck, f the world. 5 PM start F. T. W.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The party was kinda lame. I guess I didn't get drunk enough. Anyway, I'm starting on day 1B and have a day off tomorrow to browse the city. Any recommendations as to where to exchange USD->EUR? GL tomorrow to those who deserve it.

Oh, and hi gobbo, I was the russkie from whom you ran away [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should've said something, I had no clue who you were. And fwiw I left shortly thereafter. I hated you that much.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:37 AM

good luck everyone, unfortunately I can't make it but few tips on Barcelona for anyone who cares:

best tapas by far: on Paseo de Gracia leaving placa cataluna on the back (the main square) walking up on the left end side something like 500 mts you will see this place with millions of hams hunging from the ceiling, just sit at the bar get loads of tapas and drink ribera del Duero.

if you fancy roller coasters, more or less 1h drive from Barcelona going west there is an amazing park.

Avoid those bars on the olympic port, there is a great club on the hill, I don't remeber the name but ask around they will tell you.

Have fun!
Old 08-28-2007, 04:39 AM

I meant the laundry part of the incoherent babble

for those looking for laundry, see my bbv thread, they dont speak english but they told me I could get my clothes at 4 pm today, so not bad. its only a 5 minute walk or so.

anyone doing anything today? I´m gonna try going back to sleep now, and I have to register at 3 and get my clothes at 4 (and play at 5), but if I dont get back to sleep, anyone doing anything before 3?
Old 08-28-2007, 05:03 AM

Arrived about 24 hours ago and had a good time so far. Adam and I got to sit next to each other on the first class flight from Philly. The seats were huge and extremely comfortable, and the Spanish waiter desireably snooty. Adam had a bunch of Xanax for me to take, which I'd never had before. About 45 mins into the flight, we ordered our meals and I ordered some champagne and wine on the plane. I took the first one before my meal but wasn't feeling it. Adam also had a glass of wine, which got to him fast since he never drinks. At this point we found out that they were showing "Blades of Glory" on the plane, which is basically the greatest thing ever. Adam took some pics of the movie, food, and the first class section.

The first dish was a delicious salad with basil leaves, mushrooms, roasted red pepper dressing, and a variety of fruits. Adam popped another Xanax. Then the following conversation ensued:

Adam: the filet was good but didn't meet expectations
Me: what?
Adam: I mean it was ok it was a little string
Me: We haven't gotten the filet yet. All we've had is salad.
Adam: what was it we just ate? What was the brown thing?
Me: That was a salad. Those were mushrooms. She's bringing the steak right now
Adam: oh

loooooool

The steak came with potatoes and a red pepper cut in half, stuffed and spiced, which was very good. At some point during this Adam gave me my 2nd Xanax. We watched Blades of Glory for a little, totally comfortable and relaxed, and Adam convinced me I absolutely NEEDED a 3rd Xanax to sleep. I took it and they brought us desert, some cheeses with pecan pie and crackers. I ate mine quickly and it was very good. Adam had fallen asleep so the lady left his next to him. I was in a daze from the alcohol+ drugs and sort of watched Blades, don't really remember. Anyway eventually there was a disturbance, the flight attendant taking Adam's desert which hadn't been eaten. I wanted to protest but it wasn't worth the effort. Eventually I made myself get up (noticed blades of glory was over), and walked to the front to ask if we could get another desert for Adam. The lady said no, but there would be breakfast very soon. Breakfast wtf? we JUST ate? Confused, I asked her how long till we landed.

one hour....

and that is how to enjoy a 9 hour overseas flight.

Our hotel is eh, AB Skipper. Not many people speak English which is really frustrating. The airline lost Adam's bag which is also very frustrating, and we arrived at the AB skipper around 11. Our room wasn't ready, so we chilled in Skier's and then went shopping to get some outlets, and Adam needed some clothing. We went to the central commerce area, but there were no good designer stores, although Adam seemed to like the place anyway. Then we went to the supermarket to get some protein bars, snacks, and tons of alcohol.

Skier and I bought:

1 Johnny Walker Gold label(mine, I'm a scotch guy thanks to Yuv)
1 Absolut vodka rasberry
1 spiced Bacardi rum (no captain there =/)
1 30-rack
1 moet and chandon 92 champagne

Everything came to like 150 euros.

We finally got our room at like 3pm. I went to a nice tapas style place with a bunch of 2p2ers and had 6 glasses of sangria, which was delicious.

After that everyone went to skier's room to drink before the Stars party at 7:30, but I wanted to check out the gym at the hotel. It was the worst gym I've ever been in, in my life. They had a single rack of free weights, dumbells. The heaviest was 10 kg. looooolll, euros are such pussies! There were also 2 weight machines, some chest press and a random leg lift as well as old exercise bikes. What a joke.

Went back to room, shower clothes etc and Adam and I arrived at the Stars party after aimlessly wandering for several minutes.

The Stars party was kind of lame, but was still fun. Lots of people went and I went on a huge drinking binge, set to prove I was invincible to the effects of alcohol.

After 2 Johnny Walkers, 2 jack and coke zeros, 2 bacardi and coke zeros, and 5 shots of tequila I was amazed that I was still able to stand upright and walk without even stumbling. I was very proud.

Chilled out with lots of 2p2ers for a while. Mark Vos is such a hilarious guy, especially w/alcohol. Mjorgensen and I talked about how much everyone sucks at HUNL for like 30 minutes, and I met jeffbeesdat.

At this point I was angry I wasn't drunk, so I got 2 more johnny walker black labels, took out the ice, and poured them into one glass. It was probably 5-6 shots worth. I shot it down. That time, I felt the alcohol. loool

I don't remember much else of the Stars party except the food was good, for some reason people randomly toasted me, and we left around 20 minutes later for fslexduck's place, which was apparently very close to some clubs. By the time we got there everyone was pretty exhausted even though it was like midnight, and almost everyone was just tired and wanted to go back to their hotels. Blah. I was pretty drunk and didn't mind, but I wish we'd managed to go to some clubs. Hopefully there will be some good partying later in the week, I've heard very good things about clubs in Barcelona.

I woke up this morning about 8am not even hung over and feeling surprisingly good. The weather has been good for my complexion as well. The downstairs breakfast buffet was free and quite good.

Gonna go to the crappy gym soon. Adam is waiting till 1 to call the airline and see if they have his bag, if not we'll probably have to go shopping later, lol

interesting trip so far. I haven't checked out Barcelona yet but plan on it soon. I expect an Ansky invite to the next topless beach.

-Jeff
Old 08-28-2007, 05:15 AM

some parts of that tr really made me lol - and the beach is right in front of the hotel jeff.

anyways i bought a frisbee and a volleyball and would prolly be up for going to the beach later since this whole sleeping thing isnt working out. Though im pretty hung over.

i think im gonna go buyin to the donkament, anyone wanna buy a piece?