Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 11:27 PM

Default flopping the nuts and hoping for some action

I think the river is kind of intersting here. Again, this is versus an unknown player, but he has limped a couple times. So, I know I rarely get raised on this river because I have the Ad and Kd. I will also always get called by a flush and any flush should bet when checked to. Perhaps this player will feel like bluffing the river, but that is unlikely. He will also check behind any piece of the board which he may or may not call with.

Is it worth it to c/r here? I think it depends on whether I can trust him to bet any flush.....

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Button folds.

Turn: (5 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (7 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Old 08-27-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: flopping the nuts and hoping for some action

I just bet/3bet here.

(also i could be nitty &amp; say u didn't flop the nuts!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 08-27-2007, 11:33 PM

hehe, oh yeah, I probably would have figured that out after I cap the flop, turn, and face a 3bet on the river [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hehe, oh yeah, I probably would have figured that out after I cap the flop, turn, and face a 3bet on the river [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, tho against some of my opps they will wait till river [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2007, 11:38 PM

bang/3bang, call a cap, standard hand