Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Turn nut flush. What\'s a good line?

I bet $3 again here. There are several reasons for that:

(1) If he folds to this bet, he folds to a higher bet as well. I loose nothing in this case.
(2) If he has a low flush card, he might call this bet. If we bet close to the pot size, he might fold lower flushs because it's a little bit obvious that we are not scared about the flush if we bet to much here!
(3) If he has a high flush, I might loose some vlaue because he might have called a higher bet, too. But: If he has a high flush with the K or Q, he might raise my weak bet and he might become pot committed after his raise. This way I have a reasonable chance to get it all-in on the river.
(4) He might have nothing at all. But the weak bet might induce a bluff with an all-in from him. If I bet close to the pot size, this will never happen and I never get value from hands that miss. So sometimes I get value from hands that missed the flush by indcuing bluffs.

Believe it or not: This line with a weakish low turn bet works very well in the long run. But you cannot use it if you are the typical 2+2-player that always makes pot sized bets and nothing else. In this case, it would look to much like a trap. So if you never use lower bets in other cases (blocking bets, feelers with 2nd pair or 3rd pair), it won't work.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:54 PM

Thanks eigenvalue, that was a great reply.
Would you be against checking and letting him try to steal, or do you think the smallish bet creates the same scenario but a little better profit since you are putting money in and his steal attempt has to be larger.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:57 PM

Just keep betting, if at any point you c/r or c/c then donk ur like ZOMG TEH NUTS, but if u keep betting you still have a range he might beat/want to call agaisnt.

bet mediumish .. 7.5 or so