Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Party Account Hacked

It seems counterintuitive that they would choose to dump the money in this way ($3500 at varying different levels and tables, a lot of it LHE) but also be smart enough that they could install a keylogger on my system and they would only use that keylogger to access one account when I have more money in other accounts.

The only real explanation that I can come up with now is that they somehow got into my gmail. I don't believe gmail ever stops letting you guess at passwords so it would seem the most likely choice for someone using a password generator. I'd made a small deposit on party for a bonus sometime Friday afternoon, so I guess if they were monitoring my email they'd have seen that deposit go through and would have been able to access my site. I would have gotten notification that my password had been sent though because i have multiple gmail accounts that are forwarded to a master account and it is not possible from what I understand to stop that happening from outside the master account.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only real explanation that I can come up with now is that they somehow got into my gmail. I don't believe gmail ever stops letting you guess at passwords so it would seem the most likely choice for someone using a password generator. I'd made a small deposit on party for a bonus sometime Friday afternoon, so I guess if they were monitoring my email they'd have seen that deposit go through and would have been able to access my site. I would have gotten notification that my password had been sent though because i have multiple gmail accounts that are forwarded to a master account and it is not possible from what I understand to stop that happening from outside the master account.

[/ QUOTE ]

go with hushmail and pay for an account if you have lots of money online.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:19 AM

Just as im a computer idiot,how can your poker account be hacked from your email account if your password is never sent,which it shouldnt be???Or is the idea someone enters through your email and applys a keylogger of some sort???
Old 08-20-2007, 04:57 AM

If they hacked it through my email they would have had to use the 'forgot password' feature. If they were really on the ball and not the complete retards the HH would seem to indicate I suppose it would be possible for them to do this and delete or intercept the email before it hit my main account.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:10 AM

Yeah,i wasnt really thinking about that,got me paranoid as well.Anyways,gl Rempel,i hope Party is on the ball here and your losses are held to an absolute minimum.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:40 AM

I would stop using your current PC now, go to a friends house and change all your passwords from there. Check out the Computer tech forum faq to see how to secure your computer & install snoopfree asap.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:47 PM

Yeah I have done all that already.