Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Carpal Tunnel

For what it worth, I have been dealing with the symptoms of Carpal Tunnel for some time. Anyone who uses their hands and or wrists in a repetetive motion on a regular basis may be at risk. All of the above methods are good advice. Good ergonomics and proper use of wrist and or hand is def. the best way to avoid the problem. It also will jelp alleviate symptoms. In addition, wrist braces are very effective at night. They provide two different functions 1) They keep the wrist in an ergonomic position, while preventing the "bending" a previous poster stated. 2) By preventing this bending and keeping the wrist in a straight / ideal position, it maximizes blood flow, which helps in terms of pain, symptoms, etc. It is debatable, whether or not it can be cured or not. Though, it def. can be treated with a surgery (any surgery is risky) and it can most often can be managed through stretching (I do this often, almost subconsciously) and excercising the wrist, hand and forearm. Also... as always... excercise, healthy eating habits, and no smoking, etc. also lend to healthy blood flow, etc. But who is going to do that last. Anyway, long, but hope this helps. My advice, if you feel symptoms, take notice and take a break. These problems, typically, once they become a problem, stay a problem.
Ps.... Some things to keep an eye out for... Symptoms wise: 1) Tingling sensation in hands (asleep hands), often times at night, it may wake you up regularly. 2) Shooting pain in hand or forearm when you grab something. 3) Pain and tightness in forearm / wrist when doing repetetive motions.