Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Is this a string bet?

[ QUOTE ]

Tell Junior to grow up, stop watching TV pokah, and play Poker.

My vote is for string bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was an old guy with trouble handling chips. I don't know if that should make a difference.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:35 PM

What constitutes a string bet and what's overlooked by the room and who is supposed to call it varies WIDELY. TDA and Robert's aren't law, they're attempts to standardize. If this is something that concerns you, check with the floor staff before playing.

The OP is a little vague, but it sounds like in our room, most wouldn't call it a string bet. However, it's up to the players to declare it. Were I the dealer, I'd call the floor over, because technically in our room even if it's one hand and released in two motions (no matter how quick), it can be considered a string bet, but I've never seen anybody call that one.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:38 PM

As added information, the dude who made the bet was easily 70 years old and did everything a little slowly. He brought 2 handfulls of red chips forward and released one hand before the other. Dealer immediatley called a string bet and was adamaent that he was correct. Most of the table was a little stunned at the dealer but nobody seemed too upset.

OP-I'm pretty sure I was sitting on your right most of the afternoon. I tried to take the 8 seat when you moved over. Tough day yesterday. Your last hand was beyond sick. I also folded 2 spades when the 6 seat ck-pushed the flop and hit his spade flush on you.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:42 AM

Yes it sounds like a string bet to me