Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Michael Moore explains the major flaw in capitalism

[ QUOTE ]
Which arguments are those:

People will be paid a wage/salary therefore it's not a "non-profit"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kindly conceded this point to you and instead asked a question about how socialized healthcare would be "free." So what do you do? You bring it up again, despite knowing I conceded it, while still ignoring the other question, in a response to a post about questions you ignored.

Truly priceless. I'm done with you and your trolling. Have a nice day sir.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kindly conceded this point to you and instead asked a question about how socialized healthcare would be "free." So what do you do? You bring it up again, despite knowing I conceded it, while still ignoring the other question, in a response to a post about questions you ignored.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said it would be free? Certainly not me. If Moore did, he was wrong.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ohhh, so there will still be profits and it won't be free? I'm so shocked Michael Moore would twist words and misconstrue something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

What words are being twisted??? You talked about a non-profit --- if you think that means "nobody can earn a living" or "workers cannot be paid wages" I think you don't know what a non-profit is (or what "profit" is for that matter.)

Maybe "non-profit" is another tough word like "greedy."

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's just as simple. Doctors will still be making "profits".

[/ QUOTE ]

As I suspected, you don't know what a non-profit is. Just curious if a non-profit organization pays their janitor a salary, is it no-longer a non-profit because the janitor is making a profit???

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, I'll concede that if you address the other 3 or 4 points I've made that you've flat out ignored. Explain how healthcare will be "free." If doctors still get paid, and medical supplies still cost money, how is it free? Who's paying for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who ever said health care would be free?
Old 07-23-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm done with you and your trolling

[/ QUOTE ]

If calling you out on misdefining terms to suit your argument is your definition of trolling, then I guess we should add another term to the list of words you like to use but don't understand:

Greed
Profit/Non-Profit
Trolling
Old 07-23-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ohhh, so there will still be profits and it won't be free? I'm so shocked Michael Moore would twist words and misconstrue something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

What words are being twisted???

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-23-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What words are being twisted??? You talked about a non-profit --- if you think that means "nobody can earn a living" or "workers cannot be paid wages" I think you don't know what a non-profit is (or what "profit" is for that matter.)

Maybe "non-profit" is another tough word like "greedy."

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's just as simple. Doctors will still be making "profits".

[/ QUOTE ]

As I suspected, you don't know what a non-profit is. Just curious if a non-profit organization pays their janitor a salary, is it no-longer a non-profit because the janitor is making a profit???

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, I'll concede that if you address the other 3 or 4 points I've made that you've flat out ignored. Explain how healthcare will be "free." If doctors still get paid, and medical supplies still cost money, how is it free? Who's paying for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who ever said health care would be free?

[/ QUOTE ]

Michael Moore, the guy this thread is about.

EDIT: No links to SiCKO, but you can hear him assert it over and over again at 1:50 in this interview

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WrvrfG0zE6E
Old 07-23-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm done with you and your trolling

[/ QUOTE ]

If calling you out on misdefining terms to suit your argument is your definition of trolling, then I guess we should add another term to the list of words you like to use but don't understand:

Greed
Profit/Non-Profit
Trolling

[/ QUOTE ]

No, sarcastically calling me out on a point I already conceded to you is my definition of trolling. But nice job trolling in a post about how you don't troll. You continue to impress.

Lock it up Iron, this is getting ridiculous.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't understand what you're getting at here. I know this is going to sound mean, but is English your native language? A lot could be explained if this is not the case.

I don't know who is saying it is free (it kind of looked like something you pulled out of thin air in this thread.) Do you have a quote of Moore saying it would be free (sorry to pull the whole "source please" thing, but as of right now I don't know if I can take your word for it in this regard.)
Old 07-23-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't understand what you're getting at here. I know this is going to sound mean, but is English your native language? A lot could be explained if this is not the case.

I don't know who is saying it is free (it kind of looked like something you pulled out of thin air in this thread.) Do you have a quote of Moore saying it would be free (sorry to pull the whole "source please" thing, but as of right now I don't know if I can take your word for it in this regard.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I have better. I have a video where he asserts it 3 times.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WrvrfG0zE6E

Check out 1:30-2:00.

Once you concede that Moore says socialized healthcare is "free", will you apologize to me for saying
[ QUOTE ]
I know this is going to sound mean, but is English your native language? A lot could be explained if this is not the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

when actually the case was just you not knowing the position of the guy you're arguing for?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:03 PM

My very first response about the whole "free" thing was that if Moore said it would be "free" he was wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
Once you concede that Moore says socialized healthcare is "free", will you apologize to me for saying
[ QUOTE ]

I know this is going to sound mean, but is English your native language? A lot could be explained if this is not the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't listened to the video, but I'll trust that it says what you are representing. Moore is wrong. Why would I appologize for the question about language. You were either deliberately or ignorantly misdefining terms. This can be explained either by a lack of understanding the language or dishonest debate/discussion. I'll let you pick which one it is.
Closed Thread