Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Push with 7's
Yes (This is the hand to double up) 0 0%
No (Wait for a better spot) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2007, 01:56 AM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 7/16

Hi katy, just a busy month offline, surprisingly, I haven't watched much TV the last couple of weeks either.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:53 PM

Sniper, please come back and talk TV with us. I could always count on you to watch the shows I like.

Tuesday night:

On The Lot people! Do not forget to set your DVRs or whatever it is you do.

Tonight's episode - Action Genre. I think 2 directors are going to be eliminated. I would like some discussion on this tomorrow.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:16 PM

On The Lot

Aghh! For really bad men's fashion check out the first director up in the action films. This guy is in serious need of a makeover.

I'm excited that Jason is coming up next. He's one of my favorites in this competition. (Wish he would lose the hat though.)
Old 07-17-2007, 08:22 PM

I just turned in on Katy and really liked Key Witness. Initially I was not paying attention and thought that Utah was just watching a movie on cable.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:12 PM

WSOP FT live
Old 07-19-2007, 07:51 PM

Does Wookie Think You Can Dance 7/18-19

Here we go again, and we're down to 12. Looks like this is the last week of our static couples. I wouldn't mind seeing Pasha and Anya get randomly paired together.

Aw, more jive? Well, Dom and Fro Girl got jive. They did a great job, though. Some of Dom's partnering was a little rough at the start. His character was spot on right off the bat, though. Mary was right about some of the technique critique, and Dom didn't really point his toes much. I found myself watching him instead of her mostly. She was good, but I felt like Dom committed to it more.

Jamie and Hok got 2nd, and they got broadway. I like the song, so this could be a really neat piece. It was a pretty routine, but I missed some of the chemistry. I liked a lot of the movement, but it didn't have the same spark between them as their strange bird piece. Surprisingly, Nigel said a lot I agree with: that he kept waiting for something that was really awesome, but it never came. A lot of the time, the judges say something that doesn't mean a whole lot, but that definitely felt true to me. I kept waiting for something bigger, but it didn't come. This could be tough on them, especially since it was a slower routine. Well see if that bias against slow is true.

Pasha and Sarah are 3rd with jazz. This is Sarah's first stab at jazz, and Pasha's second. It didn't go so well for Pasha the first time, but we'll see. I was hoping to see Pasha in hip hop or contemporary to stretch him a bit. Oh well. This was a sharp routine. Pasha got the the gayest costume yet this season. I once again agree w/ Nigel. I liked it, but I'm not sure if it'll draw votes.

Up fourth are Lauren and Blonde Commodus. They get to work with Mia for a contemporary routine. I liked her first routine, but not her second as much. This one was great. I liked the sense of surrealism. There were some synch problems, but they were probably the best so far tonight. I think they edged out Pasha.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:34 PM

Anya and Danny got foxtrot. It's a tough dance, but it can also look great, even to non-ballroom fans. Their dance was excellent. This was probably the first time it looked like Danny was having fun. They got a classic foxtrot song, and they did a classic routine. They looked sharp, and they've now taken the top spot. Lacey and LotM will have to bring it if they want to pass them up.

But I also don't think the Last of the Mohicans and Lacey will roll over, either. They got hip hop. I almost wish they hadn't told me about the story of the story of the routine before hand. To me, it almost seemed like an afterthought in the choreography. They spent the first half just dancing, and then they just sort of threw in the romantic thing like a gimmick. I thought LotM looked pretty good, but I guess on the scale of this competition, he wasn't all that great.

Looks like half of our couples will be in the bottom 3 this week. Hmmm. My picks will be Jamie and Hok, Dom and Fro Girl, and Lacey and LotM. Pasha and Sarah are at risk, but hopefully they saved themselves. Anya and Danny and Lauren and Blonde Commodus are the only ones who can breathe a sigh of relief, I think.

I think it's also about time I should start making predictions about winners. I don't think Pasha or Anya will make it. They're extremely strong w/ partners, but I think they'll falter on their own compared to the others. I think Lacey is a force to be reckoned with, though. She and LotM are the only couple left who have not been in the bottom 3, and it's mostly because of her. Next to Lacey, I'd put Lauren. She's also been solid and can hold her own with her solos.

For the guys, you have to mention Danny, but because he's been so lauded for his technique, I think people are not as attracted to him. Until tonight, I think that he did come across as a little arrogant. He's good, but in spite of being good, he wasn't getting votes. Tonight, though, he looked like he was having fun rather than performing brain surgery, and that'll make him extremely tough to topple if he keeps it up. I really like Dom, too. He's shown a lot of growth and diversity, and I think he comes across well on camera. Blonde Commodus might go far, too. If DwtS is any indication, there's a slant towards guys, so he could be found in the top 4 or 5, too.

Edit way late: I totally predicted both that Lauren and Blonde Commodus would be saved and that they'd be in the bottom 3. I liked them better than Lacey and LotM, which were who I meant to put in the bottom 3. Looks like I was wrong.