Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 01:20 PM

Default What Should I do for Newhouse?

By now, most of you know that Mark Newhouse and I had a prop bet that resulted in my losing 34 bounds, winning $7500 or so dollars and massively increasing my website's traffic thanks to a drama bomb. I want to use a portion of the winnings to do something for Mark.

My first inclination was to buy him one round trip ticket for a two-three day trip to an island with no legalized gambling, on the insistance that he leave all mechanical devices on the mainland. I think giving him a glimpse of tranquility without gambling would be good for him. I suggested it to mark and he's letting the idea fester a bit, but in the meantime, I thought I'd solicit some other ideas.

Ultimately, I'm looking for something that Mark will enjoy while benefitting him. I think we all know he's a great guy with money management issues and that some time away from the tables might do him a little good. If anyone has some ideas, please let me hear them. I'm going to post something similar on my website, then open up the topic in the forums. Two things to keep in mind:

* Despite the bet, I'm not a wealthy guy. Most of my money goes back into the site, of which I'm only part-owner. people who have seen how I dress know I live life on a budget (albeit a loose one. I'm not the best money manager myself):P
* I want the gift to be enjayable to Mark as well as beneficial. I won't be buying him a GA lifetime membership.

Thanks in advance for any useful suggestions.

Gary Wise
Old 07-11-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: What Should I do for Newhouse?

a holiday sounds good like u said, sumwhere without gambling but with lots of other enjoyable recreational activities. i dont really know where that would be in U S of A but im sure somewhere will be susgested
Old 07-11-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By now, most of you know that Mark Newhouse and I had a prop bet that resulted in my losing 34 bounds, winning $7500 or so dollars and massively increasing my website's traffic thanks to a drama bomb. I want to use a portion of the winnings to do something for Mark.

My first inclination was to buy him one round trip ticket for a two-three day trip to an island with no legalized gambling, on the insistance that he leave all mechanical devices on the mainland. I think giving him a glimpse of tranquility without gambling would be good for him. I suggested it to mark and he's letting the idea fester a bit, but in the meantime, I thought I'd solicit some other ideas.

Ultimately, I'm looking for something that Mark will enjoy while benefitting him. I think we all know he's a great guy with money management issues and that some time away from the tables might do him a little good. If anyone has some ideas, please let me hear them. I'm going to post something similar on my website, then open up the topic in the forums. Two things to keep in mind:

* Despite the bet, I'm not a wealthy guy. Most of my money goes back into the site, of which I'm only part-owner. people who have seen how I dress know I live life on a budget (albeit a loose one. I'm not the best money manager myself):P
* I want the gift to be enjayable to Mark as well as beneficial. I won't be buying him a GA lifetime membership.

Thanks in advance for any useful suggestions.

Gary Wise

[/ QUOTE ]

EDIT Yes, I edited this...saw the line about leaving all mechanical devices on the mainland after I initially wrote about going someplace without the internet...blah blah blah...

back to the somewhat helpful suggestion:

I think your idea sending him away would be a helpful one.

Maybe setting him up with fund managers to help manage his money (so that he can't lend it out to anyone)? Only temporary until he can get his feet back on solid ground instead of blowing through money by giving it to those that would only seek to hurt him?
Old 07-11-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we all know he's a great guy

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't he a former drug dealer?
Old 07-11-2007, 01:32 PM

Stake him for 500/1000.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stake him for 500/1000.

[/ QUOTE ]

no risk of course
Old 07-11-2007, 01:40 PM

35 copies of this

http://www.euromoneyplc.com/product....ProductID=6268
Old 07-11-2007, 01:45 PM

Buy a hot hooker to tie him down and torture him LV Croc Huntah style
Old 07-11-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't he a former drug dealer?

[/ QUOTE ]
it would be impossible to be a successful drug dealer with newhouse's persona. hes way too naive, friendly and trusting.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:48 PM

500 6 packs of

or 1

or an Xbox 360 complete with