Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Chris Benoit and Wife found dead

[ QUOTE ]
This is why steriod witch hunts are retarded.

While there's lots of other contextual factors that made if very very likely Benoit was using, the simple fact that he was ripped is hardly the best one.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? The simple fact that Benoit was a super ripped pro wrestler is the absolute prime reason to assume he was on steroids.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:52 AM

Super ripped 220 pounds at 5 feet 8 is 100% on steroids every time, you don't need anything else. I'm six feet tall and I could never be ripped at 220 pounds.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Super ripped 220 pounds at 5 feet 8 is 100% on steroids every time, you don't need anything else. I'm six feet tall and I could never be ripped at 220 pounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're proving my point.

Yes, this IS possible, it's rare, but just because you can't doesn't mean it's not possible.

Stupid absolutist statements just make people look dense. You say 95% or 90% I'm probably with you, but 100% just sounds close minded and silly.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're proving my point.

Yes, this IS possible, it's rare, but just because you can't doesn't mean it's not possible.

Stupid absolutist statements just make people look dense. You say 95% or 90% I'm probably with you, but 100% just sounds close minded and silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you are bringing in things about being "closed minded" when people are talking about things not really requiring opinions shows that you are not making being realistic a priority. As does your general argument itself.

Sure, maybe Benoit was a genetic miracle.

Or ... probably not. For all intents and purposes, it makes little sense to wallow in the highly unlikely.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:32 PM

I would like anyone to find any 100% non-anecdotal evidence from any reputable medical source to confirm teh existence of roid rage. roid rage stems from immaturity, and people who cant handle themselves. Im betting most of you who yell "roid rage!!LOLZ" are the same types that chastise people who use drinking as an excuse to act like a douche, when it is essentially the same thing.

In animals, there is clear evidence for a link between natural testosterone levels and aggressiop, but attempts to demonstrate a similar link in human'~ have not proved conclusive. Attention has therefore turned to the behavioural effects of androgenic drugs, suc as anabolic steroids. Three recent studies have looked at anabolic steroid users for evidence of an increase in aggressive behaviour. In the first (Bahrke et at., 1990), a comparison of 30 male current anabolic steroid users, 23 previous users and 40 nonusers failed to demonstrate any significant difference between the three groups with regard to aggression/hostility.

THE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF DRUG POLICY
Old 06-28-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're proving my point.

[/ QUOTE ]

its definitely not 90-95%. Its atleast 99.999%.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:39 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

You're proving my point.

[/ QUOTE ]

dids, its not possible. call it what you want, but its just not. there are some things the human body cant do. being 5'8" and 220lbs at 5% bodyfat without the use of added hormones is one of them.

a baseball player hitting 24 more homeruns than his career best and 40 points higher than his career average at 37 years old just doesnt happen without drugs.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're proving my point.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dids,

How about 300 pounds ripped at 5 feet 2? 400 pounds ripped at 3 feet 6? Are there ANY absolutes here? Maybe 220 ripped for 5'8'' is one of them, and you just aren't aware of it. Stupid and dense, my ass.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:45 PM

Dids,

There are times when you would be better off just admitting you're wrong, or perhaps bowing out of an argument where you are outclassed. This is one of those times.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:54 PM

meh, the argument is stupid really and pretty nitty, but I think it is possible to be 5 8 and 220 (and there is no way beniot competed at 5% bf, you cant compete athletically too well at that low of bf, he was probably more like 8 to 10%). franco columbo was 5 5 and 200 during comps, and this was before tons and tons fo steroids were used in competitions. Nowadays, someone with total dedication, the use of legal drugs, could probably get to 220 and 8% bf at 5 8 naturally. It would take 10 years, but its not impossible, and I dont care what anyone says. saying taht you cant be ripped at 6 ft/220 is showing just general lack of knowledge. I have no doubt benoit probably used, but saying things "in general" when most of you dont know what you are talking about seems odd.

fwiw, this is probably about 7 to 9% BF, its due to the fact that he is so huge that it doesnt look this way: