Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What cardrooms comes to mind when you think B&M
I have small local mini-cardrooms in my state 30 29.70%
My buddy vinnie or Guido's house 1 0.99%
Tropicana,Sands,Taj Mahal 11 10.89%
Wynn, Mirage, Bellagio 54 53.47%
Oldschool Binions 5 4.95%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Question 12

Q11 is close because it looks like a squeeze.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:18 PM

Q11 I say call. If MP is "solid agressive", and only came to life after the flop, it would seem that he paired his Q and thinks he's the best, with perhaps KQ or QJ. Otherwise, if he had QQ or AQ, I would have expected a reraise before the flop. The only other thought I can see is that he made two pair with Q8 or Q3, but I wouldn't consider that a "solid" player. If he was a weak player, who would go in with those hands, then I would definitely fold.

Now that I think of it, MP might also have slipped in with 88, which is also trouble...
Old 06-27-2007, 09:30 PM

I chose fold on Q11. If the MP players are solid, tight, and aggressive, they're not going to just call a raise with something like AQ. They're going to want to get heads up on the flop. If they had a small or middle pair, however, calling would make more sense.

The facts of the question eliminate the possiblity of a semibluff with a drawing hand. With two kings and facing a raise and all-in reraise, you're either way ahead or way behind. The UTG player might have some hands you have beat, but the MP player could be pushing all-in with a set, thinking that one of the other hands has something they'll call with. And with only two solid outs against a set, the price is too high, IMO.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:00 AM

The timing of the test is a little unbalanced. I took an hour or so when I took the test, leaving the room a few times, etc., and scored a 106. So I logged out and took it again, giving the same answer for each question. I finished in about 5-6 minutes, and my score was a 132. I don't think time should hold that much importance.

I did pay the $10 for the more detailed version, and found it lacking. Although I thought the test was good, there was still entirely too little information given for each question.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:48 AM

Q11 - Easy fold. Your up against a set of of 8's or 3's
Old 06-28-2007, 01:37 AM

I definitely tested better than I play. Also LOL at 1k being "high stakes."
Old 06-28-2007, 12:19 PM

I scored 107 but I took a long time to finish because I did in work and just answered questions in-between tasks.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:47 PM

im actually enjoying this thread
Old 06-28-2007, 10:51 PM

the split on question 11 .. wow

i put fold. I know in real life i sometimes call this, but fold has got to be correct
Old 06-29-2007, 01:01 PM

looks like q11 and q12 make another pair

q11: stacks are deeper, players are tag, board is bone dry. MP probably isn't bluffing into the pf raiser and a caller -- he doesn't have enough to push us both out. A raise here means he can beat top pair, and from preflop we know he doesn't have AA or KK.

q12: villian is weak and short and the table is small. Board has a K this time, plus a flush draw. His range easily includes KQ and TT-QQ. If he's really weak, KJ, KTs or two spades.

I think testmaker is asking if we can make the laydown against villian with a set, versus stay with the probable best hand.

I have trouble with some of these because I play .05/.10, where q11 is an easy call against what would be considered TAG there, but I think that factor of 100 changes things.