Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: KingTenSooooooted

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmmm.....

so the considered opinion seems that folding>>>>raising>>>>call ing?

I am not looking for a particular answer, I just want to get your opinions. I certainly didn't play this hand "standardly"

O well. I have a read that the guy behind me is a nit, and if I call he's going to fold everything thats not a set/OP, and the odds he has an OP are approximately zero given preflop. So are the chances he'll come up with a fancy Squeeze play for this many chips. So if I raise here I might get called behind me and if I do I'm crushed, I think I can flat call and end up HU with villain with TP2K in position.

I think that villain has a spade draw/2pair/set/or is bluffing and I think thta villain is bluffing here ~20% of the time.

I think that my hand has potential to become a monster depending on what falls on the turn and I want to see what villains turn action is.

So bearing all that in mind I flat call, nit behind me turbo folds....

Turn:Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (Pot ~$21)

Villain thinks a while and leads for $23.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play 6max but I was thinking similarly. His bet size on the turn should be very revealing no matter what turns. If he bets large you are in trouble imo but if he bets smaller you should push. Anyway, after I thought about it a bit I figured that the fold is the best option on the flop as I think it's rare for a tag to bet full pot oop into a draw and secondly that your call can't really represent a draw - you would push almost always with a draw plus overcards and almost never just call a full pot bet.