Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Anyone watch THE UNIT?

Great show, one of my favorites. Season finale was dead on. I'm constantly amazed (and disappointed) this show doesn't get more buzz. It seems you hardly ever see something on the internet or the press about this show.

Although I agree with most that the wives' storylines are often weak, I do appreciate that they put them in. At the least it shows a little bit what life is like for many military families nowadays.

I also hope they do a better job with the opening of next season than they did with this season. Remember last season's finale, when all of the members and their wives were attacked? This season opened up several months after the attack, and the only real aftermath shown was a few scars on Ryan's wife. They better not have next season open up with the Unit back together over beers, saying 'I'm glad we beat that rap, now let's get onto our next mission.'
Old 05-09-2007, 04:46 PM

I've really enjoyed this show, but somehow it doesn't hook me. I'm not really sure why, it's very good, but it's a "can miss".

I could look at Kim Brown all day.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:00 PM

I agree w/ what everyone is saying - that it can miss the mark sometimes, and overdo the home life stuff. But part of the intent of the show is to show the whole life of these guys, so I can appreciate it.

The finale kind of blind-sided me. I enjoy the show normally, but the finale took it like 2 levels higher. All hell broke loose and it was very intense. Jonas wrecking that guy's [censored] on the driveway with his finger or whatever was awesome.

Whitewolf - I know what you're saying about last year. That was kind of disappointing. But I don't see how they could possibly go the same route next season. Stuff is way too crazy.

I think a large part of the appeal is that Haysbert and Foley are really likeable actors for some reason.

Dids - did you see Kim and Bob going at it on the kitchen counter last week? HOT.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:07 PM

CE,

No, I haven't seen it in a while. I don't get why it isn't available via on demand like their other stuff.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:18 PM

This show is quickly becoming my favorite show. This episode was WOW.

It makes me sad though, I want the unit together, that better be resolved next season :P
Old 05-09-2007, 10:33 PM

Actually, also, I wanted to throw out there...

Can anyone help explain to me exactly why The Army is coming down on the Unit? I assume it has something to do with the CIA being bastages, but it wasn't really clear to me. Any help?
Old 05-09-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Can anyone help explain to me exactly why The Army is coming down on the Unit? I assume it has something to do with the CIA being bastages, but it wasn't really clear to me. Any help?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that was deliberately kept vague. My supposition is that it is politically motivated.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it has something to do with the diamonds they lifted from the CIA. I like how Mack and Tiffy's girls are never around. It's like Donna's sister on That 70's Show that was mentioned once and then never heard about again.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:25 PM

Of course the episodes prior to this were talking about the diamonds, but this episode almost purposely avoided the issue of the diamonds...so I wasn't sure if this was on purpose, or if I missed something.

Also, there was an entire episode based on tiffy's daught just a few weeks ago :P
Old 05-10-2007, 12:36 AM

It really is a great show. I love how the most absurd things happen to the wives. It seems like the writers are trying to have them scammed in every way imaginable.

I also agree that this is a can miss show. I feel that its also a show where you can miss episodes here and there and jump back in and still enjoy it. Fortunately I have TIVO and its on Tuesday which is a horrible night for TV.