Buy in short to NL2000 13 18.84%
Buy in full to NL400 11 15.94%
Play 4 $109s 26 37.68%
Play 2 $215s 19 27.54%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: killing someone who is trying to rob you

[ QUOTE ]
How could you NOT want to kill a scumbag with total impunity?

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience the people that think this way, are the ones that have stolen, mugged, robbed.

I don't really want to kill anyone, scumbag or not.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know how few muggings end up in death or serious injury? No way I kill the guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been mugged. Never saw the guy that hit me. When I woke up I was covered in blood from head to toe and it took 3 extremely painful surgeries to put my nose back in place. I'd easily give up $100 without a fight. But if there is any risk of personal injury I'm pulling that damn trigger.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's why this whole idea of the US reuniting with the world is complete [censored]. We appear to be the only ones with our heads not completely up our asses.

[/ QUOTE ]

bwahahahaha.. stop it you tease.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:36 PM

Jesus Christ. How many times will I have to say it before it gets through? I support your right to defend yourself. If you need to shoot him in to keep your wife and children safe, I think you should do it. What I'm arguing against is punishment, not self defence. I'm not calling self defence punishment, and I'm not saying it's wrong to kill a robber that holds you at gunpoint.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:27 PM

Not implying anything about you, Warik. Just don't think answering violence with violence is a good idea.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:42 PM

That's an awesome story and one badass 70 year old. Good for him. Hopefully some jackass out there might read that and think twice about trying to rob someone. I wish someone at Virginia Tech would have broken that bastard Cho's neck before he shot 30 people.

I have often thought about this situation and the legality of it. I definitely believe you are well within your right to defend yourself and your property by any means necessary. As long as you are not using "excessive force," or intentionally trying to kill someone when it is not necessary, I have no problem with this at all. If someone tries to take something that is mine right in front of me, I am going to put a hurt on them if I have the means.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah. Judging people is hot. They deserve to die. Better make it happen. I wonder if some people think poker players are parasites, living at the expense and danger of other people and the world would be a better place if you dropped dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are honestly comparing muggers to poker players, then you are a complete idiot. Gambling is legal. Whether you have a moral issue with gambling is another matter entirely. However, people voluntarily play poker. People don't volunteer to get mugged. If you try to rob someone of something, nobody should feel sorry for you if something bad happens. If you end up dead, that may be slightly unfortunate, but ultimately, it's your own damn fault for being a worthless, scum-of-the-earth degenerate. Good riddance.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:10 PM

Oooh, yes. You are so smart. Now I will have to end my murdering rampage against poker players. Seriously. Yeah, we are all "this dumb" in Norway. Are you all so dumb in America that you can't understand three sentences of English?

[ QUOTE ]
If you end up dead, that may be slightly unfortunate, but ultimately, it's your own damn fault for being a worthless, scum-of-the-earth degenerate. Good riddance.

[/ QUOTE ] That's all I'm saying. If the robber ends up dead, that is unfortunate.

edit: And I agree that it is his own fault for putting himself in that situation.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying you can't kill in self defence either, I'm arguing against being proud of killing such people because you don't think they deserve to live. If you think killing a person that points a gun to your head is necessary for self defence, go ahead. But killing him in that situation is a necessary evil, not something good that you were fortunate enough to get in a situation to do without being punished.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone said they would be ecstatic about killing a mugger. If it happens, I'm not going to brag to my friends or have a party. In fact, it would probably tear me up emotionally and mentally for years. I might have nightmares. I might become an alcoholic.

Ultimately, if this is how it went down, I would be satisfied and content about the fact that I did the right thing. It's not about whether they deserve to die. However, if they create the circumstances themselves, I'm not going to try to defend them or condemn someone for killing them.

Regarding "deserve," I ABSOLUTELY believe that of these two people:
1) someone who intentionally threatens another person and attempts to forcefully take something that isn't theirs
2) someone who is completely innocent and is in no way harming another person
Person 1 "deserves" bodily harm or death far more than person 2 "deserves" to lose something that belongs to them or suffer harm themselves.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:19 PM

Default Re: G. Gordon Liddy\'s Advice on Shooting Muggers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
G. Gordon Liddy, a former attorney, former watergate conspirator, and nationally syndicated AM talk radio host had some direct advice for for those who are attacked by a mugger and have a gun to defend themselves.

1. Kill the mugger. If he is still breathing put two more bullets into him.
2. Go home and do NOT call the police.
3. Destroy the gun's ballistic evidence.

Liddy says going to the police will result in possible charges against YOU. Years of legal bills fighting a civil lawsuit with liberal lawyers asking you questions like 'why didn't you just wound him', etc.... In short, your life savings will evaporate and the next several years of your life will be in a courtroom.

Liddy recommends carrying a revolver to defend yourself. First, a revolver has no safety, so you can just point and shoot. With a semiauto, if you forget to switch the safety off, you could have a knife in the belly. Second, it is easier to destroy the ballistic evidence with a revolver. File down the firing pin and use a rat-tail file to scratch the inside of the barrel. Then diassemble and throw the gun away. With a semi auto, there are additional steps that need to be taken to destroy the ballistic evidence...

Good luck and good hunting. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf kind of advice is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

The damned good kind?