Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

Played my golf leagues course afte work yesterday and shot a 41 over the front 9. (Par 37, 3 par 5's) I missed a 3 foot put that broke and missed the low side of the cup....

Man, so close from scratch golf over the front 9.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:42 PM

Played the back nine at Redtail in Portland yesterday morning. +13 over par, which is 10 strokes better than a week ago when I played it during a full round in light rain.

Drives were better than they've been in a while, but long hybrids and 3 wood was letting me down on the long holes, as well as the insanely slow greens because of all the dew (we started at 6:06 am). Redtail usually has quite fast greens during normal times, and later in the half-round they started to dry out, which made judging speed even tougher. It changed from one hole to the next. Mid irons and wedges played pretty well.

Redtail is quite a challenging course. The Oregon Golf Association has it ranked in it's top 20 hardest courses in the state. Great fun.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:28 PM

80 today with an unforced triple. Another reminder that if I can keep the ball in play off the tee and avoid going in too many bunkers, I can post a decent score.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:38 PM

101 after 18 holes (5th time out, third time on this course). Overall was decent except putting. 3-4 putts on every hole except 1 (2 putt - par). Screw putting.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:14 AM

I shot a 135 on a par 71 course yesterday. NOTE: This is my first time actually playing golf...only been to a driving range before that.

That's not a horrible score for a first time ever is it??
Old 05-29-2007, 01:36 PM

I'm living the golf version of:

sans Jessica Alba. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I'll be cruising along, playing my cruddy 15 hdcp game, and then I'll actually feel my hands doing something funny at the top, resulting in a shut clubface, and at that point, all bets are off.

I'll fight it, and it may or may not right itself. Spent the front nine Sunday at Cinnabar Hills in San Jose hitting the ball into hazards to the left, and then it just stopped on the back. 55-42. WTF.

Yesterday, played Callippe Preserve in Pleasnaton for the first time. Nice course...a little pricey for a non-resident. I stopped keeping score on 16, though.

For you good Bay Area players (or if you like losing expensive balls) Callippe is having a Pro-V1 & Pro-V1x sale right now, 5 boxes for $180.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:59 PM

I broke my lifetime best round with a 74 on Saturday. 36-38. My previous best was 75. Did it here.

4 birdies, 6 bogeys, 8 pars. Was on in 2 on both par-5s and drove the green on a 315 yd. Par 4.

All in all just a career day for me. Very stoked.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I broke my lifetime best round with a 74 on Saturday. 36-38. My previous best was 75. Did it here.

4 birdies, 6 bogeys, 8 pars. Was on in 2 on both par-5s and drove the green on a 315 yd. Par 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never played Stone Creek, but it's a buddy of mine's favorite relatively-affordable course in the area. How do you like it?
Old 05-29-2007, 06:12 PM

Played for the first time this year on Monday. Sunken Meadow State Park on Long Island (meh course at best).

Shot 47 (+11) on the front, 36 (E) on the back.

I think the beer started kicking in around the 9th hole...
Old 05-29-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never played Stone Creek, but it's a buddy of mine's favorite relatively-affordable course in the area. How do you like it?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the price, it can't be beat in the area. Green fees on Saturday primetime are $39. The course is in great shape and maintained well. Beer cart women are amazingly attractive (9 body, 9 face). Course was not packed at all. Despite its short length, the course is very challenging in spots.