Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2006, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Bally\'s or Harrah\'s?

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, unlike Harrah's, the SWAT team hasn't had to crash through a hotel window recently. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

story?
Old 02-24-2006, 05:20 PM

Harrah's story:

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11476393/

As I have said, I have only stayed at Harrah's for free, but paid to stay at Bally's. Given a lower cost, I would always choose Bally's and will check out the poker action there on my next trip to Vegas. (During which I will be taking Harrah's up on their free room offer, again.)
Old 02-24-2006, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Harrah's story:

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11476393/

As I have said, I have only stayed at Harrah's for free, but paid to stay at Bally's. Given a lower cost, I would always choose Bally's and will check out the poker action there on my next trip to Vegas. (During which I will be taking Harrah's up on their free room offer, again.)

[/ QUOTE ]

where do people get all these free rooms at Harrah's from?
Old 02-24-2006, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They're pretty quick to comp rooms if you play some Roulette/BJ/craps for a little while. I've stayed for free off my friends comps and didnt think Harrah's was that special. If I had to pay much for the room I'd definitely go somewhere else.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:39 PM

I get the free rooms by being a Total Rewards card holder. I don't play that much as I am at there lowest level, yet the offer for two free week nights seem to come for every month. Get a Harrah's card when you are there.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Give them a relatively small amount of pit/vp/slot play and you should start getting offers.

As to the original question, I'd go with Bally's. It does still have an "Old Vegas" feel to it, which is sort of cool. I'm guessing Harrahs will "fix" that (unfortunately).

Seeing as how they are probably now getting into the Total Rewards system, getting free/cheap rooms there will probably get a little more "Harrahs-like".

One thing I liked about Harrahs last time I was there was their Carnival Court bar outside. The crowd was fun there that night, in a trashy sort of way. We had a blast.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:58 PM

I have stayed at both and the room at Bally's was better than Harrah's. If you do Bally's be sure you get a room in the East Tower. I believe that tower was remodeled somewhat recently and the room pleasently suprised me when I stayed there for a night a couple months ago.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have stayed at both and the room at Bally's was better than Harrah's. If you do Bally's be sure you get a room in the East Tower. I believe that tower was remodeled somewhat recently and the room pleasently suprised me when I stayed there for a night a couple months ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the heads-up - I booked my room a couple of days ago and am looking forward to it!