Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 12:46 AM

Default Re: To Catch a Predator

[ QUOTE ]
They are all huge scumbags, get real. If they weren't going to meet up with the sting, it would have been an actual 12 year old.

[/ QUOTE ]

When was the last time you met a 12 year old girl who was trying to convince an older man to have sex with her?
Old 04-22-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Catch a Predator is the most immoral show to ever broadcast on TV imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
"Would it be OK for the government to castrate individuals convicted of pedophilia?" Shows like Catch a Predator just feed that kind of sentiment imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be ok with the castration and I still think this show is insanely disgusting.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They do absolutely nothing to entice the men who appear on the show. They simply go to a chat room, or set a profile on myspace, and wait for someone to bite. They don't ask around for guys, or actively seek anyone out.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is certainly not the impressoin I got from the episode I watched.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Catch a Predator is the most immoral show to ever broadcast on TV imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
"Would it be OK for the government to castrate individuals convicted of pedophilia?" Shows like Catch a Predator just feed that kind of sentiment imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be ok with the castration and I still think this show is insanely disgusting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forcible castration or offered as part of a reduced sentence?
Old 04-22-2007, 12:58 AM

chris hansen looks like a smug [censored]. i wish he would get the [censored] beat out of him.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They do absolutely nothing to entice the men who appear on the show. They simply go to a chat room, or set a profile on myspace, and wait for someone to bite. They don't ask around for guys, or actively seek anyone out.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is certainly not the impressoin I got from the episode I watched.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the impression anyone would get if they read the lengthy transcripts at perverted-justice or whatever that site is.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
chris hansen looks like a smug [censored]. i wish he would get the [censored] beat out of him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-22-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find it hard to regard a person as "scum" for something that they cannot control..

I have no problem, however, regarding someone as "scum" for refusing to suppress a tendency that would harm another person...

whether or not harm to another person occurrs is my main focus in evaluating these types of things.

I don't think that is unreasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I'm a psycho killer, I'm not scum if I try to kill people? And I am scum if I succeed?

I think that's unreasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

try again...that is not at all what I said

EDIT: maybe I should clarify that intent to do harm is similar, in my mind..

but soliciting a young girl (ignoring the law for a moment)..isn't necessarily 1) doing harm or 2) intending to do harm

still, the reason that I support laws similar to the ones that we have in place is that, even though there are no definite demarcation points with regards to maturity, a level of protection will do ultimate good, although there will inevitably be some cases where this protection will prevent an occurrence that would not have done harm at all.

the balance between those is where we should place the law..and most would agree that it should be conservative in the sense that we would prefer too much protection, to to little..considering the consequences of these "errors"
Old 04-22-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, it's way different than a 15 or 17 year old guy hitting on a 15 year old girl. It's an adult trying to have sex with someone way less emotionally mature. In other words, a parasitic relationship more or less.

[/ QUOTE ]

that it not necessarily true of all cases..although I'm sure that it is of at least some.

even so, it would be against the law..enough to be considered "wrong" to do when under a social contract.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:31 AM

From a nonlegal stand, just merit/ethics, I believe men ( over 21)who screw young humans ( ppl under 16) are sick and deserve to get this type of treatment.

If you are 18-21 degen jackass and screw some 17yo, I really dont think they should be subjected to the treatment. (however if your banging like a chick thats under 17, you should be busted)

I have no sympathy for the old guys though

As for women; they should be able to screw anyone dudes over the age of 13. Also all the hot teacher should be let free.